Electrical Interference - Break up on channels when my Water or Sump pump kick on.

Don't have that option.. We are not on utility water, we have our own well and well pump. The water line is plastic, so that's a no go. I have some copper pipe, ill use that and drive it into the ground.
Buy a ground rod from your local hardware store. Put it by the dishes, and bond your dishes to that, HOWEVER, you MUST also run a wire bonding that new ground rod, to your house ground by your electrical meter box. That's code, and the reason is if it's not bonded, they can be on two different potentials, and cause all sorts of odd issues.

Reactions: Foxbat and Comptech
That's code, and the reason is if it's not bonded, they can be on two different potentials, and cause all sorts of odd issues.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… :D

Been there, done that! Back in the 1990s I had a horrible Hum in my Home Theater room until I got my satellite, TV, ground blocks, and Service all connected with #6 copper ground wire, something the previous owner had not done.

Reactions: c-spand
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… :D

Been there, done that! Back in the 1990s I had a horrible Hum in my Home Theater room until I got my satellite, TV, ground blocks, and Service all connected with #6 copper ground wire, something the previous owner had not done.

There are a lot of very good references and explanations (sometimes more specific to lightning protection) that have been put together by amateur radio enthusiasts. A internet search for "amateur radio lightning protection" should yield some solid reading materials with well-documented installation details. Many may be overkill for many home satellite installations, but the underlying technical principles are identical.

Buy a ground rod from your local hardware store. Put it by the dishes, and bond your dishes to that, HOWEVER, you MUST also run a wire bonding that new ground rod, to your house ground by your electrical meter box. That's code, and the reason is if it's not bonded, they can be on two different potentials, and cause all sorts of odd issues.

A reminder to readers that Code is about safety and has no consideration for side effects like noise. Code is meant to keep you alive and is not intended to keep your signals clean, hence why when "odd issues" arise, it can sometimes be approaching black magic to adhere to Code while trying to resolve the technical bug.

Reactions: k.r. and Foxbat
Yes and driving another ground rod is not the best idea....The homes service has a ground on it it should be tied to the house panels ground outside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)