Encrypted ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueboat

Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Tonto Basin Arizona
New to FTA looking at THELIST to see what channels I can receive on KU or C-band
When the channel shows Encrypted, do you need something to translate or is that a channel that you can't receive on KU or C-band.
Thanks for your time
Mike

when is it says that they use a scrambling so we can't watch it her without paying for it. Dish and directv are scrambled or encrypted.

Dan Rose

The scrambled in the List are there only because they are good to use for acquiring signal and dish tuning. As there may not be any FTA 24/7.

Please PM me to send updates for TheList.

I was working on updating Ku Band satellites from 58°W - 127°W ,
but I got sidetracked with a project related to the subscription side of TheList.
I will post my update withing the next few days.

I need help updating Ku band satellites outside of this range and help with updating all of the C band satellites.

If you have a microHD or a receiver that is supported by Channel Master I can work directly with those files.

Thank you very much.

when is it says that they use a scrambling so we can't watch it her without paying for it. Dish and directv are scrambled or encrypted.

Dan Rose

A lot of the encrypted channels they won't even let you pay them to be able to watch, actually. You can't 'subscribe' to all those nice HD C band uplinks...

I'd have no problems paying for TV if they allowed me to subscribe to their untouched uplinks.

I'm not paying some useless middlemen like DirecTV and Dish Network so they can sell me re-packaged, horribly molested low bitrate versions of those feeds when I see what the original quality is like before the pizza pan companies get their grubby mitts on those feeds. It's like wanting to buy a nice fresh steak but instead you're only allowed to purchase one that's pre-packed in a frozen TV dinner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)