English channels, G19, non-religious

thetrixrabbit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
PA
Hey guys! Been a goos while since i been here, i got spoiled watching stuff over the internet bit the other day i decided to check out my dish again. I had to move my dish from the roof where it used to be, the mount rotted out, but got it mounted solid on my shed. Took me a day or two but got it all lined back up with galaxy 19, what happened to the english channels? I went through and deleted tje non english channels, amd the religious channels regardless english or not and i ended up with one channel! The amazing creations or something like that, but its just infomercials! Soo.. anyone know any sats out there with english channels? I was going to set up a small dish farm with 3, 30 some inch dishes, i had plans for, g19,G16 for infowars, and 30 west for movies and stuff, but i hit g19 and got infomercials, hit 30W got nothing english and hit g16 and no infowars...i was a bit disappointed to say the least, i only have one dish up right now thats 36 inch and a universal lmb. Anyone know something i can point at? Recommendations? Please! I would love to be...that crazy guy...in my area with all the dishes lol, but i dont know if it's Worth it anymore. I can hit a few West sats. I can hit thor3 all the way to direct tvs south sat. Any ideas?

Reactions: c-spand
Sorry for the mess up, i checked the sats, my range is from, 0.8W Thor5 to 99.2W direct tv 11/14/spaceway 2, i should be able to hit anything in-between those, any ideas? I went by looking up the channels but seems i got none of the channels i wanted on the sats...

Noticed today im getting 136 channels off of G19, is there more? I may have to give my dish a tap if im not aligned all the way.

Last scan of G19 KU was approx. 190 FTA TV. Don't notice any less English channels than in the past. G19 has typically been primarily foreign language and religious channels.

A motorized KU dish will allow easy access to the sprinkling of English channels available across the arc.

For a listing of channels that interest you, check out sathint.com for channels on each satellite.

Reactions: FTA4PA and c-spand
There are some English tv on Ku 97w Full time on UA TV ,CNC World, NTA, Russia Today,Smile of a Child,South Sudan, and occasional English on Yemen news. The rest are religious and shopping in English. If you like Soccer AL KASS TWO HD and KTV 3 HD. No English but great picture and sports.

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
I moved my dish about 1 degree and got i think it was 233 channels from G19, got 10 chs ,seems only ones of interest to me is cnc and rt, thanks for the info guys! What about other sats? Anything floating around decent? The one sight i used for channels says the one i think it's ses has pbs feeds, i can set up 3 dishes, but i want to find worthwhile stuff before setting it all up. What else are you guys and gals pointing you're dishes at these days? I would just go with a motor system and point it at all of them for the heck of it, but last i looked they weren't cheap, and considering i stream alot over the internet price don't seem to worth it to me. Saddly. Rt will be good in the morning for me with coffee after local news, when i don't feel like messing with streaming stuff, lol

Reactions: c-spand
I should be able to just hit amc21 for the pbs feeds, yey. Ill have to aim over there to see. So did the movies get taken off 30w? I read a channel called moviestar left 30w so i was guessing that was the movies.

I should be able to just hit amc21 for the pbs feeds, yey. Ill have to aim over there to see. So did the movies get taken off 30w? I read a channel called moviestar left 30w so i was guessing that was the movies.

Cubavision has been known to show American movies with the original English soundtrack and permanent Spanish subtitles. (By permanent I mean that they're in the video stream, not the subtitle stream.) Also the Latin American channels have lots of music (on both the video and radio channels) if you don't mind music in languages you don't speak. Also occasionally soccer games, and you never know what sport is going to show up on the Basque channel (usually jai-alai, but I saw rowing the other day.)

Cubavision has been known to show American movies with the original English soundtrack and permanent Spanish subtitles. (By permanent I mean that they're in the video stream, not the subtitle stream.) Also the Latin American channels have lots of music (on both the video and radio channels) if you don't mind music in languages you don't speak. Also occasionally soccer games, and you never know what sport is going to show up on the Basque channel (usually jai-alai, but I saw rowing the other day.)
Oooo ok, 30 west came in great for me, i may still point at that, thanks for the info!

Also, I forgot to mention, Infowars is supposed to still be on 99W, but the signal is known to be flaky (unless they've fixed it recently), and on top of that, most of the transponders on 99W aren't very solid for a lot of people unless you have a bigger dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)