Enigma2 and IPTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, i finally decided to automate my IPTV a bit more.

I wrote a program to convert a M3U format file to a Enigma2 IPTV Service list. They have a URL website that will do this for you :

But, i got tired of doing this. Once you update the boutique file, you can then issue the following command to get Enigma2 to reload the boutique.

http://(ip of enigma2 stb)/web/servicelistreload?mode=2

So, now, i can launch my program, and it will fetch the M3U links that i want. It then converts the M3U to enigma2 format, and updates the boutiques file and then calls the URL to reload the boutique. I have to run it manually at the moment, but if it works for a few weeks without issue, ill then move it to my 24/7 laptop and have it automatically process this automation once a day. It also displays the DATE on the first IPTV entry so i know if the program isn't working properly, then the date won't update every day.

Ps. Not only does it create a enigma2 list, it also saves my M3U list to my KODI shared drive so i can also watch the IPTV streams on my KODI.

I was also able to create a dump list and a favorites list, so category and descriptions can be dumped from my IP list, and favorites will be at the top of list... I now have a more manageable list. cut the IPTV list of 876 to a list of 419, with my favorites listed on top. That prevents me from having to scroll through the large list to watch (favorites) the ones i choose 95% of the time.

Here is my block list : (which i can add to easily,

NO = "religious,shop,sport,kids,loop,latin,olelo,nbc news now,russia,dhabi,asia,lao-thai,mundial," + _
"jewelry,hunt,abc news live,akc tv,bloomberg,harley davidson,GünAz,leominster,afghan,radio," + _
"ameritrade,tvs ,persian,winthrop,fashion,yahoo!,white plains,vallenato,red apple,cw seed,cnn," + _
"beach tv,high vision,hmong tv,armenian,italia,boat show"

Reactions: raydio and Titanium
Well, spent the morning making tweaks and enhancements to the program and went ahead and moved it to the server room to run automatically. I spent most of the morning creating a new (non overlapping) indexing so that each service had a unique, but also stable index # to be able to have stable EPG data. I also added a sync feature that on top of creating a boutique specifically for IPTV, it also runs through my Main Boutique and finds the matching IPTV services and updates them. - This way, for the IPTV services that were important to make my Main Boutique, those IPTV url's also get updated.

I then added a custom list to my config file, so i can add my own custom IPTV links that were not associated with the M3U lists that i fetch out in the internet. I did this so im not having to go to separate places to customize my IPTV lists. Its all done from one config file.

I think it is very cool that with the EPG I already did, i can link the EPG to the IPTV channels (if they exist). Example, there are some digi-nets that are streamable and also have EPG. Example : Buzzr / FreeSpeechTV to name a couple.

I also want to add that if you have questions about how to anything regarding this, post your question.

I can tell you one thing that is important. Regarding the enigma boutique files, they are line deliminated with a LINE feed only, (Not a carriage return/line feed). Ie, its linux format , not dos/windows format. If you put carriage returns into your boutique files, bad things happen.

Each IPTV service must have a unique service ID# if your gonna attempt EPG. Otherwise, it isn't important and every IPTV service can have the same reference ID : (4097 denotes that it is IPTV) The second number is always 0, the third number is always 1 and the 4th number is the SERVICE ID# in Hex.

1636131864342.png

Plays some what on the mio4k. Acts like a weak sat signal. My internet speeds are bad lately. That maybe the problem. Most of my iptv list is not playing well at this time. Watching ditty tv now it's playing fine.

Hmm - Thats interesting to know. Ill try again, and test it on some of my other STB's. Thanks for your post

That one doesn't play well for me on the mio4k. keeps stopping. Can't seem to play that fox weather either they must changed the link or it's just my internet speed but red bull tv is playing so I don't think it is the internet. Thanks
The fox weather is still there but they seem to be having reception issue from the source again. I think I see what I did wrong with the johnny Carson link didn't put the R432p in and it's trying to play at 1080P. Let me fix that and try again. That fixed it Operator error!

Well, Fox News is very difficult. They are determined to highly restrict where/how this stream can be viewed. I used to be able to find URL links that would work with my KODI and/or Enigma2. But, as of about 2 weeks ago, I've officially given up.

I did however find a work-a-round. My requirements. Needs to be FREE. I want to be able to watch it on my TV!, But i also need to be able to putz on my Laptop..

I know i could watch it on my LapTop and use the HDMI port on my LapTop to send it to my TV, but then i cannot use my laptop because its displaying the video. Well, i found i can use my HDMI port as a secondary display, and i found a firefox plugin that lets you specify the sound decoder to use. Very slick. I can now start up FireFox, click the bookmark for FoxNews, and then send that firefox window to the secondary display on the TV and full screen it. It then plays FoxNews in full screen on my Big Screen TV with the audio also on my Big Screen TV. I can then use my Laptop surfing to SatelliteGuys and is completely independent from whats being displayed on my TV. Also, if i hit a website that has audio, THAT plays on my laptop not interrupting the fox audio from the TV. Very Very Very Cool. Example : I have Fox News full screen on the TV while im typing this post on my Laptop.

This is a very workable situation, because i don't have to fire up another computer, and i can keep using my Laptop as normal . :clapping It is NOT bogging down my Laptop at all, and so far there seems to be no down sides.

PS. I found this M3U link that plays 24/7 carol burnett episodes. Plays fine on KODI and on my dreambox ENIGMA2.

Code:
https://carolburnett-roku.amagi.tv/playlist.m3u8

Last edited: