Enter to win: Sadoun Heavy Duty DG380 HH Motor ($120 value)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Satelliteguys has helped me with finding new things just wandering about in the sky for free, if you know where to look.

This forum is a good source of information for me. I had experience in the C-Band era, and that helps in working with FTA, but the experiences of others really helps 'shortcut' the work to get results.

I had a friend that had a 10' c/ku satellite system and I was interested in getting one. I put in a search on yahoo and found satelliteguys. I found out through this site that ku band was available on a smaller dish (thought you needed a large dish), so after reading about it for many weeks, ordered my 1st system. Got my 80cm fortec & motor from Sadoun. I've never regretted it. It's a great hobby, just wish that I could devote more time to it. That's still the only working system that I have, but I have tinkered with cband on a primestar 84e & have set a 4" pipe to install my 1st cband dish. I'd like to have the motor for the primestar. Thanks Sadoun!

I got into this whole FTA hobby when I was browsing the web - I found this site and heard about wildfeeds. So I setup my system - got an sg2100 soon thereafter. Recently I helped my dad set up a fixed setup on 97W - Maybe I'll help him motorize - just need a second motor ;)

I'd like to win... I got into FTA at the right time... Just before Katrina hit our area. It was really cool to scan around and watch all the feeds from the news trucks and really see what was happening. Especially how Geraldo was fake crying on the camera. When FoxNews cut away from his feed he started laughing.
A shame you didnt get that recorded. It would be a perfect video for U-Boob!
This board is GREAT. Staff and members are always cordial, and more than willing to help others and further the hobby any way possible. I spend almost as much time on here as I do 'tinkering' with my dishes and receivers. Maybe someday I will sit down and actually watch a 'lil tv..........NAAA, cant afford any further loss in IQ points...........lol
A new motor for a dish sure would be a nice new playtoy.

Sadoun Motor Giveaway

This is the best site ever. I would love to win the motor. I tell my family all the time what they are missing out on from the world of FTA.

Though I don't post often, I have been able to watch RTN & out-of-my-area network TV just by looking at the information here. Lurking here is a great learning experience.

seems like this is the motor to get for power and reliability. Aussie Rules Football on MHz WorldView (97w) and RTN on 83w here I come!

hmmm my receiver with this engine will make my satellite complete :)

ViVA Sadoun :) !

Bash

I entered the world of DX SWL at 12 and was thrilled to hear trickles from across the globe, always looking for a better antenna to hoist. A half century later I find myself tinkering with various ways to receive better signals from 22,300 miles away.

Thanks to Sadoun for the opportunity to add another variable to the hobby.

Please add me to the drawing.

I've been in C-Band since the late 80's and about 3 or 4 years ago added FTA to my system. Wish I'd done it long ago, FTA is Great.

Sadoun, thanks for the contest. I'm sure thankful that we have this site for any support we may need. It is loaded with information and expertise from all of the members, helping one another with different situations. Thanks again SatelliteGuys for being here.

I've lurked around www.satelliteguys.us and one other website since 2000 and finally joined satelliteguys.us in 2005. Bought my first system from Sadoun in 2005 and mounted the dish on plywood (same piece that I had my DISH sat on when living in an apartment). Been looking at the 4 and 6ft dishes for a while, would be great to win this and pick up a 4ft dish for C-band!

CONTEST DRAWING FOR DG-380 POWERTECH MOTOR

I enjoy the people here on this site as they are not only knowledgeable creative and informative and fun, but they are also generous and sincere!

I read a post from August of 2008 that was recently revisited by others that really made me proud to be associated with all of the people here! I missed the original post, but I got a chance to read what the situation was. I believe that you all know the subject to which I am referring. It is people who do things like this that make me very proud of my fellow members here.

I don't watch television too much, but I get nostalgic about the old times when there were good actors and good people and the sky was more blue and the sun was more golden.

With thanks to the broadcasting networks which provide FTA satellite channels, I can find some of those old shows and movies and cartoons plus a little bit more and relive some good ole memories as well as keep up on current affairs and once in a while enjoy a nice movie.

The biggest advantage to this hobby is NOT simply being able to watch the TV, it is learning skills and knowledge and meeting friends (even if not in person).

So, I simply wish to salute all the members of this site! Thank you to everyone for making me feel like I am a part of your realm and welcomed here! I could not have asked for a better group of people to be associated with.

Gordy

EDIT: (Post Script)... Sadoun, thank you for the opportunity to state my mind.

Last edited:
I discovered FTA years ago when I bought a Dish from 3ABN. I only got AMC4 for years. I discovered this forum and the world of FTA opened to me.

I would love to win this motor so I could use the knowledge that I have gathered from Satellite Guys to set up a motorized system.
Long live FTA!!

Now would be a good time to win this motor. Still learning about Free To All sat tv and have not order any equipment yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts