Enter to win: Sadoun Heavy Duty DG380 HH Motor ($120 value)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I grew up watching Star Trek The Next Generation and the Football Bowl games on my uncles and parents cband dish and was looking around to see what was still up there a few years ago and found SatGuys. Brought the old Unimesh home from our Ranch house and then found a primestar dish to go with it.

I discovered FTA when SkyAngel stopped satellite operation. I found these forums via Google and decided to try the Glorystar package from Satellite AV. Now I am looking into installing a second dish and receiving other satellites.

If I win this motor, it would be used to motorize another dish I have. You can never have enough motorized dishes. :D

FTA motors are good as they are easy to install and can motorize a dish without having to run extra wires out to the dish to carry pulses and motor power such as what large c-band dishes use.

Got my FTA gear from Sadoun, the 36" Fortec dish, STAB HH100 motor, & Universal LNB, all more than 3 years ago. Still using it.....working great. Set it up with the info obtained here on Satellitguys. Thanks for all the good info over the years.

I discovered FTA when SkyAngel stopped satellite operation. I found these forums via Google and decided to try the Glorystar package from Satellite AV. Now I am looking into installing a second dish and receiving other satellites.
I found FTA when researching SkyAngel IPTV and discovered this site. Now the wife watches SA and I watch FTA. Really could use a good motor, as I haven't had good luck with one yet. Thanks Sadoun for the contests!

Satellite guys has been THE source of advice and help whenever I have questions about fta satellite. Any question I've had has probably been asked before and anything I think of doing has probably been done.

The Satguys and the Sadoun sites have been alot of help for.Just reading the info provided by others helped me get a setup running very good without having to add another noob thread.That alone means alot to me on the help available from good people.Now as I get better aquainted with things and with larger lager dishes coming I can experiment more and hopefully add something usefull to a conversation.

My c-band days of old

Hey I could use another 380, great piece of hardware, haven't had mine long but so far , very accurate. I love the way it stops on the actual satellite location, lol, when I use my old primestar-on polarmount rig that actuator almost never stops in the exact same spot, always having to bump it east or west to pinpoint.
I got into c-band sat back in the late 80's because of general interest, and a guy I worked with was into it back then. We traded parts and stories and helped each other out with installs and just regular upkeep. I left that job in 95, and he succumbed to pizza dish, and we're still tinkering on one kind of dish or another.
Best hobby I ever had, as I'm a news junkie by nature.

I bought my sg2100 from Sadoun not long ago. I love it! I can't imagine not having a dish pointing motor. There is so much to watch and fun just finding new birds.

I have a 33" FTA dish that I was given. Maybe I could talk my wife into a little BUD. She says our house looks like Mickey Mouse now, with our Directv on one corner and FTA on the other.

Ive been into satellite since 1994 when I landed my first c band analog system. It had been taken down and I think I paid 50 bucks for it. At one time I had 2 c bands in the front yard. Got into ku band when my favorite talk radio stations left c band. My first ku was a 30" motorized fortec star dish with a pansat 900 motor with a pansat 2500a receiver. Been listening ever since. Moved up to bigger stationary dishes after I moved areas. Now I am thinking of a motorized system again.

i discovered fta with a bent 28" pan my buddy gave. a dual lnb that was half burnt out. since then it has been the major consumer of my finances. been thru about 10 or so ku dishes and have just started harvesting BUDS in my area. what a great hobby. now if i only had time to watch tv.

I started out with an Uniden 4900 on a BUD in the 90's. Seem like it took forever to move that dish to a new bird. When analog signals started to be phased out, I switched over to DN but kept the BUD as a hobby and to watch sport and news feeds. I then added digital receiver to the setup. If I win the motor it will mean another dish will have to be purchase if my wife lets me live. She says it's a waste since I don't actually spend that much time on it but it's nice now and then to see what's going on. Thanks for the contest.

Been talking to a friend of for awhile and finaly got him. found him a P* 75e and NPRM. this motor would really top it all off.

Thanks Sadoun for great contest.

I have never entered a contest here before I hope I win. I got into FTA a few months ago, I say this site has the most information out there and my questions have been answered very fast. I love TV and love seeing whats out there. But what got me hooked on FTA was the feeds.

I got in to FTA almost a year ago and still learning - long way to go, but getting there. I just ordered & received the DG380 - fine set-up ;)! However, I wanted to put in my two-cents worth on the SATELLITEGUYS.US forum :). I probably wouldn't have the interest in FTA that I have now if not for the forum. This is a great bunch of folks and hope it stays that way. After reading almost daily on the site, it's no wonder that it's been around over five years and going strong. It's also no wonder that the super sponsors that support the site are going strong, too. The participation of the sponsors, not only in these contests, but mostly in the discussions, is unsurpassed.

Thanks to all for a great site.......:up

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.