Enter to win: Sadoun Powertech DG380 HH Motor - End 2/28/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
An HH motor is the ONLY way to go for these FTA dishes, the bigger the better.

It's the only way to go when you want to get the most channels, know you won't be happy with only 1 satellite, want great sports and news feeds, and all kinds of other feeds and channels.

I want to win this motor so I can upgrade the size of my dish and pass my current dish setup to my son who would like to have it put up at his house.

Thanks,

Why would anyone not use a motorized dish, it's the only way to really enjoy the FTA hobby with the added positive of only having to have one dish and not a dish farm, unless you really want to.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, especially since i discovered this website and all the fine FTA channels out there...

My suburban backyard looks like a CIA listening post. A DG380 HH Motor will consolidate some of my dishes and probably make my neighbors happy. Thanks to Sadoun for the contest.

Having a motor on the dish eliminates the need for multiple dishes.
Satelliteguys is the best forum for FTA because it has the friendliest users.

Have a great day,

Last edited:
I'll keep it short because the thread is getting long. When I lived in the woods I had seven PrimeStar dishes for FTA and keeping them aligned was quite a juggling act but doable. I was renting so I didn't want to make any permanent installations. When I bought a house in the city and wanted to be a good neighbor, I knew that seven old gnarly PrimeStar dishes would not wash. So, when Sadoun had their April Fools Day sale, I purchased an FTA dish and a motor. Was worried at first because it looked complicated, but followed the directions that were given and everything went PERFECTLY! The installation is clean and neat, and you really can't tell it from anyones Dish or DTV dishes. I am one happy camper. Oh, by the way, I feel like Captain Kirk with my remote control now, chasing wild feeds. Thanks Sadoun.

It's a good idea to use an H-H motor if you have space constraints regarding where you have to place the dish. Also, as opposed to buying a number of fixed dishes, this helps with budget constraints.

It's a good idea to use fixed dishes when you have space to mount a bunch of dishes. Also with fixed dishes or multi LNB setups, you don't wait for the motor to move if you are a channel surfing maniac.

I learned about FTA on the Internet. The best guess is: I was looking on eBay and the Internet for TV tuner/capture cards for use with a PC. Then, I discovered DVB PCI cards.

Then, when I searched around for information on this new PC accessory, I saw a reference about "free-to-air digital satellite TV". What is that?

I don't do cable TV. No matter where I lived, somehow the cable companies found a way to infuriate me. I bought a E* system and installed it myself years ago. Even though I had everything except for movie channels (AT250), often there was still nothing on. This free-to-air satellite thing sounded like a low cost way to get access to more programming. Sometimes FTA programming is more interesting. Also, the fact you never know what you might find is fun.

I imagine I learned about Sat Guys from a web search. This site was a plus because I could learn about E* and FTA. The eye-patch sites seemed too much like warez sites. Between having the fear of getting a virus from them and hearing about the legal trouble D* pirates got into, getting pay TV for "free" just didn't seem too smart...

A motor is absolutely needed, It's much easier than climbing on the roof to rotate manually. It also cuts down on the amount of dishes hanging on the House. Just a great thing to have all around

DG380 motor

1 dish + 1 motor = too many feeds to count! My SG2100 is getting tired pushing around 1 meter winegard.

Two more days left.

If you haven't replied to this message yet, you will miss a chance to win this good motor.

I think it's a good idea since the last motor I purchased died recently, and is now an oversized bracket holding my (now fixed) dish.

Besides making a complex operation more efficient and compact, a motorized dish would provide yet another opportunity for creative modification projects. Three-fourths of the fun is had playing outside with the hardware.

I think it's a good idea to have a motor on a FTA dish to quickly seek out new feeds as they become available or move around like RTN did. It's also easier to make fine adjustments without going out in the snow and cold.

Thanks Mr. Sadoun for the contest.

This motor would fix my problems as mine has developed a bit of slack and it is near impossible to tweak after it got bumped a few weeks ago.

I miss scanning the skies with my motor!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts