EPIX3

Cool. This is the first time I've heard of this.
Thanks for the thread. :D

Yeah, shame we do not have an HD counterpart. I thought EPIX was an HD-Exclusive channel.
Oh, I'm sure somebody without Platinum aka $10/month extra would lose this channel.

Lkr said:
What is the need for an MPEG2 SD and an MPEG4 SD? I thought E* had completely removed MPEG2 a while ago

The Western Arc (110/119/129) SD is still MPEG2 because of all the MPEG2/SD only receivers still in use there (512s, 625s, 522s, etc.).

Last edited:
Cool. This is the first time I've heard of this.
Thanks for the thread. :D

Yeah, shame we do not have an HD counterpart. I thought EPIX was an HD-Exclusive channel.
Oh, I'm sure somebody without Platinum aka $10/month extra would lose this channel.
EPIX 3 is now listed in the 250 package.

• ENCORE (WEST)
  • ENCORE ACTION
  • ENCORE Drama
  • ENCORE LOVE
  • ENCORE MYSTERIES
  • ENCORE WAM
  • ENCORE WESTERNS
  • EPIX 3

Doubt I will watch it since it is in SD and not HD. I rarely watch any of the Encore channels other than the HD Encore channel.

Doubt I will watch it since it is in SD and not HD. I rarely watch any of the Encore channels other than the HD Encore channel.

Its not even a question of doubt. If it isn't on the all hd list, it isn't on my tv as far as I am concerned.

But I would love a third Epix channel in HD. Epix is awesome.

EPIX3 is listed under additional programming on Dish's new website ala cart for $7. a month.:)
Must be for subs that do not have the AT250.

Edit: Just checked my account under additional programming and EPIX 3 has a grayed out check mark. Seems rather pricey for one SD channel.

Last edited:
Must be for subs that do not have the AT250.

Edit: Just checked my account under additional programming and EPIX 3 has a grayed out check mark. Seems rather pricey for one SD channel.

I look at it this way.AlaCart is expensive compared to package priced programming.But it's nice for Dishnetwork to offer it for those who might want it separately.:)

I would imagine it has a grayed out check mark cause it's in Free Preview,hope they add it to the Everything Package.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)