Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Effective Immediately - No More PanSat or BlackBird Talk is allowed on SatelliteGuys.US

SATELLITEGUYS.US IS NOT A HACK TALK BOARD.

We have tried to let talk go talk about PanSat and Balckbrid units however these talks have all turned to hacking.

It is SatelliteGuys.US policy to remove any post regarding hacking, and also to turn over any person posting hacking information to the satellite companies security departments, including but not limited to their email addresses and IP addresses.

We love to Discuss FTA and we have some of the best people anywhere as part of our FTA forum, however SatelliteGuys.US is NOT the place to discuss illegal activities.

Thank you for your understanding.

Scott
What about people like me who have a LEGAL Pansat receiver?

I know there are some people on here who have purchased a Pansat receiver for the FTA stuff (I know....they're few and far between). Heck, Mike Kohl sells them.

What we need is a moderator who is on here a lot to help combat the hackers. Mike & Tom are good, but how much time are they on here?

just my .02

Thirded.

The only reason the Pansats have a reputation for being an "Illegal" receiver is the simple fact that most of the people who are using these to obtain programming from Dish illegally are using them.
First it was the Fortec Ultras which quickly vanished off dealers shelves when word got around, then came the Coship models along with the Pansats.
The only receivers which are purposely built for distribution and contain code to obtain illegal programming are the Blackbird, SilverBird and the Dreambox.

In my opinion an owner of a PanSat or Fortec or any other legit FTA receiver knows what they're buying and are supposedly great for the job they're intended to do. However the other people are easily spotted by the questions they're asking whether directly or indirectly.

The question these people need to think about is whether they think the need to watch relatively inexpensive programming is a just cause to put everything (I'm sure these people have families.) they have at risk.

A simple message to the people who flash their units to illegally receive programming:

Anyone can flash a receiver, it's a 5 minute job and most of the work is already done for you.
Not everyone can set up a satellite dish system to receive real Free-To-Air programming, it takes time and a lot of learning however the rewards outweigh the investment - you can't say that about hacking a receiver and a multi-thousand dollar fine.

I bought my Pansat because it had a search feature and could control a motor..I didnt know it could be setup for illegal activities until later on.

I love my Pansat...and have no reason to modify it. Some people I guess want to try to get stuff for free.

Pretty soon Dish will switch cards and then the hacker will be crying again.
ExpressVu got smart. If you want the NFL package, you will get a new card that is hackproof. Slowly EVu will be swapping all the cards
-People who have NFL package
-Then the people who have NHL CI
-Then people who have movie channels
-Finally everyone else.

Cascade said:
A simple message to the people who flash their units to illegally receive programming:

Anyone can flash a receiver, it's a 5 minute job and most of the work is already done for you.
Not everyone can set up a satellite dish system to receive real Free-To-Air programming, it takes time and a lot of learning however the rewards outweigh the investment - you can't say that about hacking a receiver and a multi-thousand dollar fine.

Can I get an AMEN from the choir??

We will be revisiting this issue. I am talking with Iceberg and one other member about becoming hands on mods for this forum. :)

I will have more later but I am busy for the moment on something else. :D

Thanks for the feedback guys.

i am also one of those legal pansat users... well, not user yet, but owner. I got my receiver a couple weeks ago now trying to find a good deal on a dish and motor. Many of us have no intention of using it for illegal activities, since this receiver has one of the best blind search capabilities. Now the blackbirds, silverbirds, etc... are all geared toward the hacker, but the pansat, while it can be used for those purposes, is actually a great and well designed receiver for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts