Error code

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It doesn't have to be esata only. I think there is a limit to size, but I don't remember what it is. You can go with at least a 2 tb. I'm using a WD My Book AV with my HR24.

It may not enter diag. mode.

Yes, you can use an older drive. Just remember the files on the bad one will be gone and anything on the older one will be unplayable. If you go thos route, either format it in windows and then the D* receiver will reformat it for itself. - or enter diag. mode and format it there, Otherwise the files will show in the list but they will all be unplayable (except for OTA recordings, if any).

Thats great.. anyone have a link for instructions on how to replace the internal drive ? Also does anyone know if it would work to use a usb to esata converter adapter in order to use a sata hard drive which is housed in one of those enclosures that allows a sata drive to connect externally to a pc via usb

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
It's not that hard. Just remove the screws on the back panel, pull the cover back and up then off. There is the drive. It has maount with a few screws, sats power and date wires. Just unplug and replace. Some folks have said that if you use an esata external drive it may not go to it if it can't read the internal first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.