ESPN / ESPN2 alternate feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
What's the point of channels 210 and 211? Whenever there something on them, its always the same as regular ESPN on 210 and it never lets me access 211. Do they ever actually have "alternate" programming?

When does that ever happen? Whenever they turn it on its always the same as the main feed.

I don't know, usually on rare occasions. Most of the time it happens with sports that might have alternate carriage, such as MLB games. If ESPN has national carriage rights and an RSN has carriage rights in the local market for the team, then ESPN has to blackout it's feed in the area that the RSN has the rights. Usually on cable you wouldn't even notice because the cable operator would just replace the feed with the proper one, but since DirecTV broadcasts nationally they have to have separate channels.

I doubt there's many Tigers fans in Arkansas...

Huh? I realized you're not in Arkansas. AR doesn't fit into the equation anymore. For the alternate channels the only time you should see something on any of the alt channels is if the Tigers are on both ESPN and Fox Sports Detroit.

ESPN sucks (typical East Coast bias). I love Rod and Mario!

The issue I think I had last year was, it was a game that Joe Morgan was doing ( I like Joe) Sunday night I guess.
The ESPN feed was blacked out and the FSN D feed was SD only on that particular instance. It seems to be the non HD nights that ESPN will have them anyways.
Watching SD baseball is getting to be annoying :eek:

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)