ESPN GamePlan? Not sure this belongs here or not

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
is the espn gameplan for 28.99 a month for 4 months worth it?

Im considering ordering it, but dont know its worth it.

As a Notre Dame fan, I get all ND games anyway on NBC and ESPN Networks.

But I wouldnt mind seeing all games, like NFL Ticket.

Also, sorry if in wrong place.

To me it's not worth it. A lot of people think it's better to just get the sports pack with directv than to get the gameplan package. Plus i don't think gameplan is in hd yet. Not positive on that. I know with the sports pack you do pick up several more games. Also with the big ten network you pick up a lot more games there also. If i were you i think i would wait till a schedule comes out for week 1 and then maybe you can make a determination off of that of how many more games you would actually see and if they are in hd or not.

well i looked at the schedule for week one and it looks like almost all of the games that are on gameplan are on the sports pack except maybe the regional abc game and 3 ppv games which are already available on espn360. I think maybe you could save money on the college football package and spend it on sports pack and sunday ticket. just my opinion.

Thanks for the input Gib4500, I think ill do what you suggested, I have Verizon as my ISP so i get espn3.com

And the Sports Pack is intriguing, plus I could get my ND BBall games furing CBB season.

I was a GP subs for many years and dropped the pkg for the 1st time last season. I tracked the games that I would have seen had I still sub'ed the pkg and there were not many for me, mainly a few of the west coast ESPN/ABC "reverse mirror" games in the PAC 10.

There is a reliable source on the other forum that has said that this season's GP will not include all HD games. I do recall last year that the SD picture Q, overall with most feeds in GP wasn't good.

As mentioned previously, if you sub to the Sports Pack, you're going to be in good shape with the "Big Ten NetrorK", "SEC" Network, as well as the various regional RSN games.

I was a GP subs for many years and dropped the pkg for the 1st time last season. I tracked the games that I would have seen had I still sub'ed the pkg and there were not many for me, mainly a few of the west coast ESPN/ABC "reverse mirror" games in the PAC 10.

There is a reliable source on the other forum that has said that this season's GP will not include all HD games. I do recall last year that the SD picture Q, overall with most feeds in GP wasn't good.

As mentioned previously, if you sub to the Sports Pack, you're going to be in good shape with the "Big Ten NetrorK", "SEC" Network, as well as the various regional RSN games.

As well as a bunch of Pac 10 games on Sports Pack.

The reverse mirror issues of the past with Pac 10 games is history, the new PAC 10 commish made sure that was taken care of when he took over.

I also have to vote for Sports Pack it pretty much has all the games you'd want, with the SEC Network from ESPN a lot of the RSNs pick up those games, Big East games are often picked up by Altitude, and the odd Pac 10 games not covered by the nat'l contract are usually broadcast by the local RSNs. The only Pac 10 games you may not see are those on CSNNW since there is no contract with CSNNW and DirecTV.

It's not worth as long as you have the Sports Pack. Almost all the GP games are somewhere within the sports pack. The only one's that usually aren't are the regional ABC games. I am a newbie to DirecTv but I assume you can buy it on a weekly basis too. So if by chance your team isn't on an RSN then you can pony up $20 or so and buy it for the week. I may have to do that the first week this year as the UK/UL game is a ABC regional game and my not be on in my area,DC.

Yeah I was looking at the ESPN GamePlan but it looks like they only do so many games a year. The Sports Pack is what I got you get more channels in that you get all the RSN's and you can see all the games that are on there plus all the collage sports shows as well. Sports Pack to me a better deal you get more for your dollar. :)

I'd go to Matt Sarz's website and compare the games, look at what is on Game Plan and what's listed under RSNs. Most of the games seem to have at least one out of the area RSN showing the games on Game Plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)