Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

Haha...

I got some flack a few weeks ago when I announced ESPN was coming to VOOM. Remember where I live guys, 7 miles from ESPN. I got lots of friends who work there. :)

Enjoy the sports guys!

I expect we will see the official launch within 48 hours.

I sort of suspected this was going to happen. If you'll see my other thread in Programming, I spoke to a CSR at VOOM today, and his demeanor on the phone when he told me "soon, VERY VERY soon" was like the cat that swallowed the bird and I had caught it in the act----

Guess I was right in my assumptions--

Ferdy

No it wont. It will probably go live soon. We had the same thing with bravo hd, you could see it with the manual tune trick on starzhd 261 for about a week, before it went live on 501. They are probably just getting the uplink set up.

Damn, I can't figure out how to see it. I can get to the manual tune menu, but I don't know what to do from there, if I even need to. Neither 204 nor 206 show anything for me, just the "Call Voom" box which is normal for me.

This is interesting... I told myself I would NOT switch to Voom UNTIL ESPN was announced but I had a feeling...so I broke my own rule.. ordered Voom last week, install is May 3rd.... Now, how is that for being psychic? If you guys want any more channel insight....let me know..... ;) LOL Timing is everything!

how do you get to the manual tune section? I can't find that anywhere on the menu

I am really excited about this news. I hope the official announcement comes soon.

I just want to know the steps you guys are taking to see it NOW. That's really cool.

Mike

mkwillia said:
I am really excited about this news. I hope the official announcement comes soon.

I just want to know the steps you guys are taking to see it NOW. That's really cool.

Mike

It would be great news, but I am a little concerned over no one seeing the ESPN-HD channel. That is the one we want. That one better be in there.

I'm sure you will see all of the ESPN's in the 300's including ESHD by May 1st.

Well right before I left for work tonight, I noticed that my progamming guide was all screwed up. Tune into HBO and I'm watching the E-channel; turn to StarzHD and I'm watching Oxygen. Nothing was right and was chaotic, so I turned off the tube and went to work :)

Sounds like things are getting updated then, good news. Now if they can only get HDNet so that I can see my Champ Indy races, and the bush series nascar races I will be a happy user :)

Warning - Use at your own risk

Manual Tune Process for viewing ESPN & ESPN2
Change channel to 204 or 206
Press Voom Button
Press Green Button (Options & Settings)
Select System Settings
Select 8 (Installation Settings)
Press 9 8 8
Select 1 (Manual Tune)
Make sure "Right_Vert" is checked
Select Tune

Note: As soon as I change the channel eveything goes back to normal for me. The manual tune appears to be temporary. Which is good.

Will this mess up your guide when the channels are set in stone and official?
Just curious...I'm still counting down to Friday (when I get mine installed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)