Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

Geez your fast!

Nice Sean faster then i could even get back to my question! oh and no EPSN is not some new channel.....should have been ESPN
Sean Mota said:
Question regarding ESPN channels by Sean at Yahoo Group: "wilt,

the guys over at Sattelliteguys.us are reporting EPSN and EPSN 2
being added yesterday. They are using the right horizon trick to view
it......any word form you on this subject?"

"They should be added no later than tomorrow from what I've been told/know.
Wilt"

Great news all around.

I wonder if I can get it tonight using the method mentioned to catch the Wings/Calgary game.

Now how about that Sci Fi channel :yes

#3 ESPNHD has chosen to spent a boat load of money on a new HD complex to bring you sportscenter in HD rather than spend the money renting more HD trucks to bring you more HD events. And to quote espnhd "you will get more HD events when more HD sets are sold".
To be fair, they are renting just about every 720p HD truck available from National Mobile Television (NMT), NEP Supershooters, and New Century Productions (NCP).

These companies don't spend $10+ million on a truck unless it is on the road and working seven days a week, year round -- with prior commitments from networks and cable channels for that work. The good news is that more 720p trucks are being built, thanks to commitments from FOX to do its sports in HD. By the end of the year, at least twice as many trucks with 720p capability should be available to ESPN from NMT, NEP, and NCP.

Ken F said:
To be fair, they are renting just about every 720p HD truck available from National Mobile Television (NMT), NEP Supershooters, and New Century Productions (NCP).

These companies don't spend $10+ million on a truck unless it is on the road and working seven days a week, year round -- with prior commitments from networks and cable channels for that work. The good news is that more 720p trucks are being built, thanks to commitments from FOX to do its sports in HD. By the end of the year, at least twice as many trucks with 720p capability should be available to ESPN from NMT, NEP, and NCP.
correct they dont buy trucks. They rent them. ESPN choose to spend their money making dan patrick and the studio pretty instead of renting more trucks. Thats the point. Their prorities are simply to increase the on air percentage of HD not to give us more HD sports. They say quality over quantity in their article but when you think about it, its a false statement. I do hope the "you will get more HD events when there are more sets sold" is also false. I hope they come through and increase the HD event coverage dramatically.

In any case this is great for voom!

vurbano,

What trucks would they rent? There have to be suitable 720p trucks to rent, and there aren't any left. ESPN doesn't make the decision to build trucks. NMT, NEP, and NCP make that decision, based on the demand they see for year-round production on the market.

The statement "you will get more HD events when there are more sets sold" is correct, because that's just a nicer way of saying, "you will get more events when there is more demand for live HD production in the market." As per my previous post, FOX's decision to offer the NFL and RSNs in HD will require that new HD trucks be built by NMT, NEP, and NCP -- which means more trucks available to ESPN.

Ken F said:
vurbano,

What trucks would they rent? There have to be 720p trucks to rent, and there aren't any left. ESPN doesn't make the decision to build trucks. NMT, NEP, and NCP make that decision, based on the demand they see for year-round production on the market.
Thats the first time ive heard that excuse. That is interesting. What a stupid move going 720p!!!!!!! I think ill chose a broadcast method with inferior PQ and no resources available. Nice move.

Getting away from the HD controversy for a moment----does anyone know how V* will be packaging ESPN? Part of the basic tier, in the Marquee group, or in a new and "extra cost" sports package?

Getting away from the HD controversy for a moment----does anyone know how V* will be packaging ESPN? Part of the basic tier, in the Marquee group, or in a new and "extra cost" sports package?
It's going to be in basic / Marquee, from what I was told a few weeks ago.

Remember when VOOM dropped the choice of premium from the $39.90/mo package? Now you know why.

ESPN doesn't allow its SD channels to be sold separately, so keeping the cost of those channels separate from basic (i.e. in an optional Sports package) was not an option. At one time, they thought they could allow subscribers to choose between premium movie, marquee, and sports packages, but contract and carriage requirements made that approach impossible.

so espn sd channels will be in the basic package and espnhd in the marque? thats the way I thought they would do it.

so espn sd channels will be in the basic package and espnhd in the marque? thats the way I thought they would do it.
Probably. Marquee is just a marketing distinction at this point, as it is part of the $39.90/mo package for everyone.

I am not a big sports fan, but ESPN is still is nice to have when someone comes over that likes sports.

Wooo Hooo!!! ESPN baby. That's one of the last big hurdles right there. Bring on the RSN's next and they will be set!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)