Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

Voom is converting 720p to 1081 since that is my native res.

We are watching in 1080 i. The voom box is converting automatically the 720p to 1080i sinche i have set my red button to 1080i. My mitsubishi's native resolution is 1080 is. It is upscaling the pic. ESPN hD looks better than on dish i don't understand why

This is sweet. Now lets see if all those poster put their money where their mouth was these last few months and make good on their quotes of... "I'll get Voom when they get ESPN!".

Can we change the title of this topic to "Channels Added" and get rid of "tomorrow". :D

I woke up this morning, flipped on the TV via my newly acquired Harmony 659 (I love this remote) and surfed through the channels hoping for a pleasant surprise...and there it was. (Choir singing Hallelujah in the backround) ESPN!!!!!! Damn...I didn't realize how much I missed this channel. I promptly fell back into my habit of watching Sports center three times in a row. Bliss is as best a description I could give with regards to my mood. Voom, keep up the exceptional work. I am now in for the long haul. Anything added after this is all gravy (Food Channel?). Thanks again Voom, and thanks to the early adopters for their vision and patience. You guys and gals ROCK!!!! Dish, Direct, and cable are in trouble as of today.

-Chris

Espn will not show up in the program guide for a few more days yet. But you can find ESPN on channels 301-307 by typing it in via the key pad

Bill

Videofx said:
Espn will not show up in the program guide for a few more days yet. But you can find ESPN on channels 301-307 by typing it in via the key pad

Bill

Reboot your box, it's all in the PG.

Hey Bill, it's there in the PG. I got up and couldn't manually type in the channel numbers, but did a box reboot and everything is perfect! All channels are able to be tuned and also have PG data!

If anyone can figure out what 304 and 308 are, let us know. There was no signal on these as of these morning. They might be Alternate ESPN channels as someone already mentioned.

Just ordered VOOM!

ESPN was the only thing holding me back. I called in my order last night to switch from Adelphia cable. They confirmed that they have ESPN. Can't wait to get all the HiDef since Adelphia only has 3 channels. Sunday night baseball in HiDef here I come!!!

see i knew it would be somehwere in the 300 area. cause all the voom sports channel is there. voom has a way of organizing similar channels together which is good.

but sadly i cant watch anythign right now cause my freakin box is fried. ugh..

ESPN is still not showing up on voom.com, oh well. But today, is the day I finally get VOOM! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

I don’t really watch that many sports, but I am very happy for all the sports nuts out there albeit another HD channel is great! Most of all I am happy that I don’t have to read anymore theories about when ESPN is coming to Voom! Now that being said - when are we going to get TNT-HD? :)

Now that being said - when are we going to get TNT-HD?
TNT-HD launches in 3-4 weeks. It remains to be seen how much HD they will offer on a daily basis. It will not be a 24/7 HD channel or anything close to it. Based on what we know today, it will be similar to a broadcast network -- SD during the day, HD during primetime.

My PG says 301 ESPNHD, 303 ESPN, 304 Nothing, 305 ESPN NEWS, 306, ESPN CLASSIC, 307 ESPN 2, 308 Nothing

TayHuck said:
ESPN is still not showing up on voom.com, oh well. But today, is the day I finally get VOOM! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!
They are so slow, dont they realize that every consumer that is mislead at Best Buy and Circuit City and mislead by the lack of info on what they are doing in the press and on their website into getting their HD by signing up with D* is lost for a year? Comeon VOOM ANNOUNCE STUFF!

Ive checked sundays sears circular the past few weeks and havent seen a voom ad in it? But dish is there!!!

For those curious, the next HD events on ESPN-HD are coming this Sunday:

Stanley Cup Playoffs (4-6:30pm)
Sunday Night Baseball (8-11pm)

See ESPN's HD schedule right here. If it's not on that list, it's not available in HD. SportsCenter is coming in HD on June 7th.

Ken F said:
For those curious, the next HD events on ESPN-HD are coming this Sunday:

Stanley Cup Playoffs (4-6:30pm)
Sunday Night Baseball (8-11pm)

See ESPN's HD schedule right here. If it's not on that list, it's not available in HD. SportsCenter is coming in HD on June 7th.
Nothing tonight or saturday?

Sean Mota said:
If anyone can figure out what 304 and 308 are, let us know. There was no signal on these as of these morning. They might be Alternate ESPN channels as someone already mentioned.

Is it possible these are reserved for those that want to purchase things such as Gameplan or Full Court? I have no idea how those work or how they are technically presented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts