Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

calikarim said:

ESPN HD 301
ESPN 303
ESNN 305
ESPN C 306
ESPN 2 307 AS OF PACIFIC TIME 3.37
THEY ARE ALL SHOWING AND ALL IN PROGRAMMING GUIDE
I'm not a big ESPN watcher, what do the initials ESNN & ESNNC stand for?

Thanks.

For those curious, the next HD events on ESPN-HD are coming this Sunday:

Stanley Cup Playoffs (4-6:30pm)
Sunday Night Baseball (8-11pm)

See ESPN's HD schedule right here. If it's not on that list, it's not available in HD. SportsCenter is coming in HD on June 7th.

Nothing tonight or saturday?

That's correct. ESPN isn't doing first-round coverage of the NBA playoffs in HD, which are the only sporting events they have today and tomorrow. The eastern conference finals will be in HD.

When ESPN HD is showing SD content, keep in mind that it is 480, only stretched to fill the screen. It would look the same as a CBS newscast or some other SD show otherwise.

jabroni said:
When ESPN HD is showing SD content, keep in mind that it is 480, only stretched to fill the screen. It would look the same as a CBS newscast or some other SD show otherwise.
Actually ESPN upconverts SD And stretches it to fill the wide screen so everything looks short and fat.

Mystery channels...

ESPN tyically has a couple of channels reserved on DTV. They're for other sports they'll be showing. My DTV guide will sometimes show somthing like, "Upcoming: Phillies at Astros". I'm guessing this is what that's for.

As has already been pointed it, it could also be for their (ESPN's) PPV offerings. The've been adding more and more of this.

Just happy to finally see it! JOYGASM!!!!

The Rickster

I took a quick look this morning before heading to work and saw the channels but no PG Info. I didn't have time for a reboot. Anybody else missinng the ESPN PG Info?

Taron1 said:
I wonder if 304 will be ESPNN HD? :D

I'm not at home now, but I glanced this morning to make sure everything was there. Isn't 301 the HD channel?

kotto_bass said:
Does Voom carry ESPN Deportes? Can't wait to watch more UEFA champions league!

It was not one those. There are two channels that had no signal this am. 304 and 308 will let you know if one of those is ESPN Deportes.

I'm surprise that VOOM hasn't update the web site to announce ESPN. They should do it and also send mail to all subscribers. Make a lot of noise!!!

True. Me too. They have no clue that sooner or later (maybe it's happened already), they'll be swarmed with calls for new subscriptions.
Were all the ESPNs provided on regular tier (sorry if this has been asked already)!

kotto_bass said:
Were all the ESPNs provided on regular tier (sorry if this has been asked already)!

YES! ESPN-HD is on the basic $40 tier, meaning of course its also part of VavaVoom too.

I cannot fully convey in a forum post how happy I am with Voom now that ESPN is added. It's HUGE. I really didn't think Voom could have lasted without it.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)