Euro Cup 2004, do we get that?

DrWho

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Is WorldSport going to be broadcastion Euro Cup 2004?

IF anyone knows off hand. thanks

sh*t, according to the schedule we dont' get it

can't we get some out of the country programming sheesh, this is a world community right?

DrWho said:
sh*t, according to the schedule we dont' get it

can't we get some out of the country programming sheesh, this is a world community right?
Spanish soccer isnt out of the country? Id like to see some In country professional sports!!!!!!!!

Vurbano, I find that we agree on a lot of things on this forum. Moov sucks, RSNs are vital, and yes, 1080i IS BETTER. :D

To get back on topic: why isn't the Euro on worldsport? Will we see future World Cup games on worldsport? Aren't these 2 things the main attraction to worldsport as a channel? Where's cricket? Where's rugby? Why doesn't worldsport partner with Fox World for English games? Can I ask any more questions?

I was hoping for Euro2004 SO MUCH! ( I guess VOOM couldn't get the cash for all those broadcasting rights)
local sports on WorldSport? no way, get yourself another channel for that.
I want to see Italian, German, English, French soccer(to start) on this channel.. Only Spanish La Liga is not enough... Voom is growing, hopefully worldsport will do the same.

Did you guys really expect to get Euro 2004 on WorldSport? There's no way they could afford that. That's like expecting them to get the rights to the World Series. Come on, fellas.

Setanta Sport carries the Euro 2004, and if you could get PPV then you can get the tournament for $176. Since Voom has no PPV, no Euro 2004. There's not enough commercial revenue to support the tournament without having us pay to watch. Sorry, but that's the pain of being an American soccer fan. We have to be happy with what we can get.

As for me, I'm watching at a friend's house who bought the tournament and I'll chip in a few bucks for the privelege.

I'm sorry, but I am paying to watch. It's Voom's choice to include Worldsport as part of the "basic" package. Part of our monthly bill goes to paying for WorldSport.

If we have to have it, put something on there more people want to watch. Spanish Soccer is cool and I love watching it, but the channel isn't called SpainSport, is it?

astrossuperfan--you don't expect to get every MLB game on the channels that you already pay for, right? If you want that you fork over the money for the MLB Extra Innings package. If I'm an Astros fan here in Phoenix there's not enough people wanting to watch the Astros here and thus no advertisers. So, if I want to see the games then I pay.

I'm a soccer fan in the USA and there's not enough of us to pay off broadcasting it as part of my package. It sucks and I don't like it but it's the world we live in.

I would happily pay if we could have it on PPV.
Whole Package, all of the games.

well we don't even get the option for MLB extra innings do we? By that same line, we don't have the option of paying for the Euro either. Voom could offer both through PPV (AND raise money for themselves, BTW), but gosh darnit those silly Moov and Auction channels are in the way.

azfrog said:
astrossuperfan--you don't expect to get every MLB game on the channels that you already pay for, right? If you want that you fork over the money for the MLB Extra Innings package. If I'm an Astros fan here in Phoenix there's not enough people wanting to watch the Astros here and thus no advertisers. So, if I want to see the games then I pay.

I'm a soccer fan in the USA and there's not enough of us to pay off broadcasting it as part of my package. It sucks and I don't like it but it's the world we live in.

well HOW BOUT ONE FREAKING GAME????

Here's some SD games taking from a thread at AVS

Source

Mon 6/14 12pm-2pm Denmark vs Italy (repeat: 8-10pm)
Thu 6/17 2:30pm-4:30pm Croatia vs France (repeat: 8-10pm)
Fri 6/18 2:30pm-4:30pm Italy vs Sweden (repeat: 11pm-1am)
Mon 6/21 2:30pm-4:30pm Switzerland vs France (repeat: 8-10pm)
Tue 6/22 2:30pm-4:30pm Denmark vs Sweden (repeat: 8-10pm)

All times Eastern

Thanks Sean!

I will look for more on that channel.

I just want to watch some of it, HD would be a plus, but oh well.

Euro Cup 2004 is being offered on the Globecast DTH service over on Telestar 5 (Intelsat Americas 5), but it to is in SD. Probably once your installed for Globecast it would all be over.

I Watched A Little Euro Cup 2004 Last Night. I Have To Tell You Those Channels 323 Fox Sports World Thru 329 Golf Are So Fuzzy They Are Unwatchable.

Euro2004 will not be availabe on voom's worldsports HD or in any other cable channel like fox sports, espn, etc. It is only available on PPV for about 170$....this is ridiculous when all other countries in latiin america and europe are broadcasting this tournament for free!!!!!!! Satellite companies want to rip off those that truly enjoy the best football in the planet (soccer for those that may be confused........)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts