Evaluating Tebow's Progress

Good enough? Another shot? He had 3 cracks at the position and failed. When will this sink in for some people?

Some guys get all kinds of shots at being the backup QB.

Some guys get all kinds of shots at being the backup QB.

Can't argue with that. Problem is ramy, the undeserved attention this guy gets wherever he goes. I don't know who's willing to put up with that for what would be a mediocre backup at best. I still say he could've succeeded at another position but he's a stubborn man.

Good enough? Another shot? He had 3 cracks at the position and failed. When will this sink in for some people?

I really think he had only one legitimate shot and at that time did decent. The other two teams he was with he had no real chance to supplant Sanchez or Brady. Those "chances" were simple attempts to get media attention by the teams that signed him IMHO, they had no intention of giving him a shot at the starting job.

Can't argue with that. Problem is ramy, the undeserved attention this guy gets wherever he goes. I don't know who's willing to put up with that for what would be a mediocre backup at best. I still say he could've succeeded at another position but he's a stubborn man.

Yeah but he gets a lot of undeserved criticism for his religious beliefs. If the press just wouldn't talk about it, then it wouldn't be a problem. So it is their fault.
He did lead Denver to the playoffs. ;) He wasn't great at doing it, but he did do it.

Yeah but he gets a lot of undeserved criticism for his religious beliefs. If the press just wouldn't talk about it, then it wouldn't be a problem. So it is their fault.
He did lead Denver to the playoffs. ;) He wasn't great at doing it, but he did do it.

The bad press he has gotten was because he is was not a good QB. There isn't a person in this universe that would not want this kid to marry their daughter...and he has gotten zero bad press for his beliefs...at least that's what I have seen. He is not a glory hound, for what I have seen....but the teams that picked him up have gone out of their way to suck up as much publicity of him being on their team as possible.

all in all, GREAT kid... mediocre AT BEST at being a NFL QB.

he was must watch tv. and has as many playoff wins as Romo and he did it in 1 year.
he only got 1 real chance. does he look like Mannings or Brady and such........ No
but with year in review these teams would have won more games with him.imo
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Browns

and other than the Texans i could have told you this in August,

I don't know anything about his religious beliefs. Criticism from me and and what I've heard by others is strictly based on him not even being close to a good QB. I'm real tired of folks using his religious beliefs as a crutch for the criticism he receives based on his QB skills. I'm not talking about you Ramy just in general. To me one thing has nothing to do with the other and who ever mixes the two to slam the kid is a jackass.

he was must watch tv. and has as many playoff wins as Romo and he did it in 1 year.
he only got 1 real chance. does he look like Mannings or Brady and such........ No
but with year in review these teams would have won more games with him.imo
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Browns

and other than the Texans i could have told you this in August,

This is just another case of a QB getting too much credit or too much of the blame. Tebow was very fortunate to have the defense that carried his offense all season long. No doubt the guy is a natural born leader and I really did hope it worked out but reality is he lacks the skills to be a professional QB. Peyton has proven this to be a fact by Denver being the #1 seed this year. All they needed was better QB play to take the next step.

Only thing I will give credit for was that one great pass on OT against the steelers to win that playoff game. Good for him :up

This will be the last thing I'll post about tebow because honestly it's been debated to death. How many players that Bill Belichick released from the patriots went on to become significant contributors elsewhere? Not a name comes to mind but if someone knows a few feel free to list them. If Bill gives up on you I believe you're' done. Only the Dolphins were dumb enough to think that Chad Johnson's issues was the offense being run in New England :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)