Evaluating Tebow's Progress

This is just another case of a QB getting too much credit or too much of the blame. Tebow was very fortunate to have the defense that carried his offense all season long. No doubt the guy is a natural born leader and I really did hope it worked out but reality is he lacks the skills to be a professional QB.

Only thing I will give credit for was that one great pass on OT against the steelers to win that playoff game. Good for him :up
no one ever gave him the keys came out and said he is my guy. what coach Fox is the goat? no.. but he used what he had and did better than ............

would just like to really see him fail...... if he would.

he was must watch tv. and has as many playoff wins as Romo and he did it in 1 year.
he only got 1 real chance. does he look like Mannings or Brady and such........ No
but with year in review these teams would have won more games with him.imo
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Browns

and other than the Texans i could have told you this in August,

Sorry, but unless Tebow played excellent defense...he would NOT have won more games with my Raiders.

I think that would apply to most of those teams as well.

Two Super Bowl appearances, a ring and owning the record books. You want to compare them then go ahead lol :) . You guys enjoy this discussion.

Manning in the NFL >>>> Tebow in the NFL

Tebow in college >>>>> Manning in college

Tebow's skill set as a quaterback is not what works in the NFL. Just because that's the case doesn't take away from him as being one of the best players to play college football. It's the same sport but a different game.

Manning in the NFL >>>> Tebow in the NFL

Tebow in college >>>>> Manning in college

Tebow's skill set as a quaterback is not what works in the NFL. Just because that's the case doesn't take away from him as being one of the best players to play college football. It's the same sport but a different game.

Never said such a thing :)

Good enough? Another shot? He had 3 cracks at the position and failed. When will this sink in for some people?

Failed? He had 1 crack at it that was it. And he took his team to the play offs and won his first ever play off game. His second chance was with the worthless Jets who did absolutely nothing with him except set him back 2 years.

This is just another case of a QB getting too much credit or too much of the blame. Tebow was very fortunate to have the defense that carried his offense all season long. No doubt the guy is a natural born leader and I really did hope it worked out but reality is he lacks the skills to be a professional QB. Peyton has proven this to be a fact by Denver being the #1 seed this year. All they needed was better QB play to take the next step.

Only thing I will give credit for was that one great pass on OT against the steelers to win that playoff game. Good for him :up

Then he was better then Kyle Orton and yet he has had how many shots to start? Since that same denver team won like 5 games in 2 seasons with Orton... You can not compare Tebow and Peyton or any other elite top QB. You can compare him with the bottom 15 starters in the NFL and he could certainly fill any of those roles. My guess is even do better just because of the other aspects he brings to the team.

he lost last year in the playoffs.

True enough but manning hasa lifetime tack record that many would envy. Tebow did win his first playoff game with Denver and deserves credit for that. but look how he played in the following game.

I suspect that I would like much about him if I met him. But I also think he tries to direct attention to himself. That probably was not seen as a good thing on the Jets and Bellichick would heve little patience with someone like that unless they delivered---and Tebow did not have a good preseason with the Pats.

Two Super Bowl appearances, a ring and owning the record books. You want to compare them then go ahead lol :) . You guys enjoy this discussion.
compare
is not a word i would use, just one season to the next result.
you put Manning on these teams and they make the playoff or very close.
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Browns

if Tim ever gets another chance he will have to have early success say 2-2 at least in his first 4 games. imo just because......

Sorry, but unless Tebow played excellent defense...he would NOT have won more games with my Raiders.

I think that would apply to most of those teams as well.

believe it or not the QB makes a large difference in this sport. it cannot be overstated imo
and that's both sides of the ball. the D will get just that one stop by playing just a bit harder knowing they can win instead of just hoping.

The QB is the most important position on the field, but in many of those teams, and especially my Raiders, Tebow was NOT going make them a playoff team.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The QB is the most important position on the field, but in many of those teams, and especially my Raiders, Tebow was NOT going make them a playoff team.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SatelliteGuys mobile app
madmadworld said:
would have won more games
playoffs

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)