EWTN on G11, with a KU Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
Hi people, I have been busy building a couple of different LPFM's. I am in Rio Grande City building KSGS 99.9, who will be running EWTN. They have a brand new 10 ft dish set up already, but the guy who installed it 2 years ago was not aware they would not be utilizing the tower where the dish is. Long story short the dish needs to be relocated into town, where the new transmitter site is. Is it possible to modify a c-band LNB and pick up EWTN on a Primestar dish? Could someone see if they can pick it up if possible? If not, is anyone here is s.texas, near McAllen?
Thanks in advance,
JPT
btw, how the heck is everyone doing?

Is it possible to modify a c-band LNB and pick up EWTN on a Primestar dish?
Probably possible, but probably wouldn't be very dependable. I'd think a 6ft prime focus, for any kind of dependability.
Oh, BTW, I'm doin fine. The weathers been nice, but the skeeters, well, i'll just stop there.

A miniBUD is probably not the right solution in a broadcast environment where reliable signal is critical. As FaT Air said, a 6 footer should be an absolute minimum.

I am going to have to move the 10 footer, as I very well knew. I am hoping to find a locally qualified installer, the construction of the studio is keeping me busy. It is REAL hot down here in s. texas, compared to washington state.
Thanks for the words of wisdom,
No Doubt
Can you just move the 10 footer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts