ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is better than the death penalty. It is not punishing the current players or coaches but it punished those who did nothing.

I think this is better than the death penalty. It is not punishing the current players or coaches but it punished those who did nothing.

how is this better? They would have been better off with a 1 year loss of play but you can rest assured this will hurt them way more than it says cause there are a ton of recruits that are going to jump ship and many that just will rip form up and go else where like the #1 recruit for QB they HAD!

Also, current players are allowed to transfer, not lose eligibility, and compete immediately at the other school....

yeah see with this right here..if I was a soph or down I would be leaving RIGHT NOW!! no waiting... cause if you leave now you can get in and practice with new team and have some post season play which to many are very important and what helps drive players to those teams.

how is this better? They would have been better off with a 1 year loss of play but you can rest assured this will hurt them way more than it says cause there are a ton of recruits that are going to jump ship and many that just will rip form up and go else where like the #1 recruit for QB they HAD!

In the long run, I agree. But, the constant thought was not to punish those there now who had nothing to do with this. That penalty accomplished that. They can still play on Saturday, they still have their scholarship, and they can transfer if they want. It punished the school big time and the people who did nothing.

The NCAA is going down a slippery slope, if you are a coach or player of a team you better not know anyone that did something wrong because you and the school will be punished. The people committed a awful crime they ALL should go to jail, the people who had no part in it should be left alone, IMO the NCAA is doing this because of the outcry from the public.

IF Paterno turned Sandusky in way back in 1998, it might have been a black mark on PSU but the NCAA would have no reason to take any action. A crime occured, it was dealt with swiftly. Move on.

There is no slippery slope here. The coaching staff and the University knew about - and covered up - these crimes for more than a decade. NCAA sanctions are more than appropriate. The opponents of sanctions all seem to refuse to acknowledge the culpability of the coaching staff and university administration.

Are today's players "victims?" Yeah, sure. But life isn't always fair. And those kids have had a year to look for other places to play football. heck, even with a year sitting out - they might actually have a chance at graduating.

As bad as this was they have also punished everyone that had nothing to do with it. I don't know if I agree with that. Punish the Penn State students, faculty and alumni?

rockymtnhigh said:
The University covered it up for 11 years. Of course the University and team is going to get sanctioned. As they should.

If anything they should of just paid a fine, not take it out on players of the past and future. I still think the NCAA has no right to do anything.

This conversation seems to be circling, and I think I've made my argument several times, so as Sheldon Cooper would say "meeting adjourned." (At least for me). Have fun running in circles. :D ;)

I just hope that the NCAA knows what they've done here. Players know now that Penn State has nothing to offer . It may never recover from this. Is that punishment is all about? And who is punished the most? Looks like the current players and coaches that had nothing to do with it.

I guess the governor of PA, THOMAS W. CORBETT, should get in trouble since he is a member of the board of trustees? I know he wasn't back than but it doesn't matter because it's against the school.

I just hope that the NCAA knows what they've done here. Players know now that Penn State has nothing to offer . It may never recover from this. Is that punishment is all about? And who punished the most? Current players and coaches.

Let's not forget about the businesses in State College who are going to lose a lot of money because of this.

So the vacated wins means that UK wins the 1998 Outback Bowl. :)

I also wonder why UVA didn't have sanctions brought on them when Yeardley Love was murdered buy UVA men's lacrosse player George Wesley Huguely V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)