ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paterno told his superiors about the incident which he did not see which is what he was supposed to do. He was not at the meeting when it was decided to bar Sandusky from the campus

TMZ had a funny line when they talked about the riots.

When they tipped over the newstruck Max (the blond hair guy if you watch the show) said something to the line of
If the news guy videotaping the riots...did he videotape them tipping over his own truck? ;)

Paterno told his superiors about the incident which he did not see which is what he was supposed to do. He was not at the meeting when it was decided to bar Sandusky from the campus

Calling it just 'the incident' dehumanizes it all nice for you doesn't it? Whatever was said or done, he then was apparently OK with the person involved in 'the incident' sticking around for YEARS after and not questioning it. This is why the actions have been justly taken against him.

Anyways, McQueary is now on administrative leave.

From Twitter: Asked about whether there was consideration to firing McQueary, interim PennSt prez said there are some "complexities to that issue." (referring to whistleblower protections)

Last edited:
TMZ had a funny line when they talked about the riots.

When they tipped over the newstruck Max (the blond hair guy if you watch the show) said something to the line of
If the news guy videotaping the riots...did he videotape them tipping over his own truck? ;)

The irony about the riots is how many people witnessed crimes?

How many people reported them?

It's like comparing murder to a paper cut, but still.

Wow so you have first hand knowledge. Is that what you told the Grand Jury?

Sandra

The more I think about this, the worse I feel. The local DA knew in 1998 that Sandusky had showered naked with young boys and "hugged them" while doing so. That has pedophile written all over it, but he chose not to pursue the case. McQueary told Paterno and Paterno told his AD about the sodomy, but I don't think that any of them wanted to know about it. Based on what happened (or didn't happen) in 1998, I don't think that the local police wanted to know about it either. Penn State football was more important to all of them than these children.

McQueary should have called the police in 2002, but I don't know that it would have made any difference. Actually, what he should have done was taken an aluminum bat to Sandusky's spine right there in that shower and made him physically unable to reoffend.

Actually, what he should have done was taken an aluminum bat to Sandusky's spine right there in that shower and made him physically unable to reoffend.

Sounds good and I agree with the concept...but if this had been the case, McQueary's claims of what he saw would have been tossed out, and he would have wound up in jail. In State College you do not go against the (Penn State) family.

Sandra

The more I think about this, the worse I feel. The local DA knew in 1998 that Sandusky had showered naked with young boys and "hugged them" while doing so. That has pedophile written all over it, but he chose not to pursue the case. McQueary told Paterno and Paterno told his AD about the sodomy, but I don't think that any of them wanted to know about it. Based on what happened (or didn't happen) in 1998, I don't think that the local police wanted to know about it either. Penn State football was more important to all of them than these children.

McQueary should have called the police in 2002, but I don't know that it would have made any difference. Actually, what he should have done was taken an aluminum bat to Sandusky's spine right there in that shower and made him physically unable to reoffend.

I had not seen what McQueary looked like until yesterday. He is not a little guy...and not doing anything BUT report just goes to show you the kool-aid that is being fed up in the "Happy Valley" cult that is Pen State. Yes, McQueary reported it...but he is just as bad Paterno....actually, he worse. He had chance to halt it right then and there. The difference is, one is an old man with a God like complex, the other guy is just a f***ing coward.

Penn State puts wide receivers' coach on leave – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
[Updated at 4:18 p.m. ET] Mike McQueary - the Penn State coach who told head coach Joe Paterno about a child sex abuse allegation involving a former coach in 2002 - has been placed on administrative leave, interim school President Rodney Ericson said Friday.

The leave is "indefinite," Ericson said.
It's the right thing, and probably best for McQueary from the perspective of his safely.

Apparently the grand jury report was not supposed to have been made public.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/s...ouldnt-discuss-inquiry.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

On Friday, the governor finally got the word. The grand jury indictment had been filed under seal, but because of a computer glitch it had mistakenly been made public. Soon Mr. Corbett’s office was inundated with calls. Mr. Harley reached the governor in his car.

Mr. Corbett took it in and said simply, “O.K.”
If this thing had been filed under seal, none of us would know anything about this.

I am wondering if the "computer glitch" was intentionally done to force the State to act?!?

Last edited:
Friend sent me this...

WOW....

Before Jerry Sandusky — before he allegedly used the Penn State football complex to commit sex crimes with young boys and before the university spent more than a decade covering up his sins and before the grand-jury report revealed the appalling details of his abuse and before the campus rioted over legendary coach Joe Paterno losing his job amid it all — there was Donald Fitzpatrick, the longtime Red Sox clubhouse manager who lured [Leeronnie] Ogletree and at least a dozen other young, African-American boys into two decades of systemic sexual abuse.

Must-click link: The Boston Red Sox sex abuse scandal | HardballTalk

yes! I like this guy hehe........:up

Things get fishier.....

Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is a Second Mile Volunteer

When Jerry Sandusky was initially arraigned, as previously reported by Sara Ganim, prosecutors requested $500,000.00 bail and that Sandusky be required to wear a leg monitor. District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, however, ordered Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail. She ordered that Sandusky be freed and pay nothing unless he failed to show up for a court hearing.

Things get fishier.....

When Jerry Sandusky was initially arraigned, as previously reported by Sara Ganim, prosecutors requested $500,000.00 bail and that Sandusky be required to wear a leg monitor. District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, however, ordered Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail. She ordered that Sandusky be freed and pay nothing unless he failed to show up for a court hearing.

I bet he runs.

Things get fishier.....

Didn't the original assistant DA disappear as well as the hardrive to his computer when the Sandusky story broke out back in '02?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts