Existing Customer Promotion

beardedbosn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Cheektowaga (Buffalo), NY
I came across this promotion somewhere and had to check with Dish to see if it was legit, it was. Between a package reduction and this deal, I am saving about $20. Not a lot but every penny helps. The break is for a new 2-year commitment and since I was not going anywhere after more than 18 years with them, it was not much of a commitment. Here is the link:

https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Existing-Customer-2-Years.pdf

I called 866-974-0769

Chris

My e-Autopay discount also expires soon. I am going to wait for it to expire, and then see what Dish will offer me.

Well, after looking at that PDF posted above, I called and switched from Flex with two added packs to AT-200 for less money. The CSR said to call back in month 24 and they would renew it again. He also extended my five buck Showtime and Starz that expires in October for another six months. Great deal.

You should have no problem extending yours.

My preferred customer two year agreement ends at the beginning of December. I would love to keep my current rate for Top 200. Do you suggest calling Dish before it expires or will it possibly appear on the mydish site for renewal?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My 2 year just ended. I called in, they're offering a free upgrade to the Hopper 3 with $10 equipment fee and another 2 year agreement, but no $5 discount for auto-pay.

It's called the Preferred Customer Offer.

It is the last item on the Account Summary page on my Dish account.
Don't have it. Do I need to wait until my current deal expires?

upload_2018-8-28_10-9-43.png

Reactions: TheKrell and bspei
My 2 year just ended. I called in, they're offering a free upgrade to the Hopper 3 with $10 equipment fee and another 2 year agreement, but no $5 discount for auto-pay.
What equipment do you have now? What is your current DVR fee?

What equipment do you have now? What is your current DVR fee?
Hopper with Sling $12 fee. However, my previous agreement included a $2 off local savings as well as the $5 off for auto-pay. So my DVR fee will actually will go down by $2, that's good. The bottom line is that I was paying $54 before and now the bill will be $59, the difference being the auto-pay credit.

My Flex package deal ends next month. $5 Autopay discount ends, and I'm still on a ViP with a $7 grandfathered DVR fee. It'll be interesting to see what kind of offer I'd get. If they tell me I can "upgrade" to a Hopper with a $10 DVR fee, they can pound sand.

Don't have it. Do I need to wait until my current deal expires?

View attachment 134654
Which deal did you get? Did you only get the autopay credit for two years (which was available without a commitment) or did you also do the price lock, which required a two-year contract with a commitment? If you did the two-year contract, the Preferred Customer Offer section (which shows a copy of the contract, and the date you signed up for it) should be there.

My preferred customer two year agreement ends at the beginning of December. I would love to keep my current rate for Top 200. Do you suggest calling Dish before it expires or will it possibly appear on the mydish site for renewal?
I am hoping it will automatically show up on the site with the option for renewal. (After all, it was originally called the "Renewal Offer" before the name was changed to Preferred Customer Offer.) I would wait until after the deal expires to see what happens, and then ask for a new deal if you do not automatically see one.

Which deal did you get? Did you only get the autopay credit for two years (which was available without a commitment) or did you also do the price lock, which required a two-year contract with a commitment? If you did the two-year contract, the Preferred Customer Offer section (which shows a copy of the contract, and the date you signed up for it) should be there.
I didn't know there was a difference. I thought the only offer for the flex pack at the time was the autopay discount. I guess I lucked out that Flex didn't have a rate increase during that time.

Reactions: pattykay
I didn't know there was a difference. I thought the only offer for the flex pack at the time was the autopay discount. I guess I lucked out that Flex didn't have a rate increase during that time.
Yes, however the price-lock did serve some purpose for those who have locals (or some other Channel Pack that had a price increase) since the price-lock applies to a bundle of Flex Pack plus one Channel Pack. I just added and removed the locals from my Flex Pack account (They were added by accident when I called to add the Latino Bonus Pack.) and I saw the $2 locals price-lock credit under My Programming, until I removed the locals.

None of the add-ons that went up in price I kept full time, so those increases didn't affect me.

Using the information provided by beardbosen (Thank you!) I called Dish today and signed up for another two years, changing from Flex plus locals to the AT-120 package, which includes locals. I was paying $34.99 plus $12 for locals and now I'm paying $54.99 including locals. I also got a $5 deduction on my Hopper charge to $10. I'm now paying only a couple more dollars than I was. Here's a happy camper!

Using the information provided by beardbosen (Thank you!) I called Dish today and signed up for another two years, changing from Flex plus locals to the AT-120 package, which includes locals. I was paying $34.99 plus $12 for locals and now I'm paying $54.99 including locals. I also got a $5 deduction on my Hopper charge to $10. I'm now paying only a couple more dollars than I was. Here's a happy camper!
Are you getting an additional credit to get it down to $55. They're charging me 35 + 12 + 10 + tax = ~ $59.

The offer was not on the Dish Website under My Account. I called in and the CSR checked and said I was eligible. I saved $15 on the 250 package and $5 on the H3 fee. It came to a little over $20 when taxes were recalculated. The CSR then put me to the auto answering system and I had to agree to the 24 month commitment and penalty to break it. The CSR stayed on the line to make sure it went through and then gave me the new monthly subscription price. So I will save over $480 in the next 2 years. Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts