External Drive Feature Wish List

Only problem with that is what would you HD feed be? If running through your in house cable, like I am sure alot of people are your TV would not take the HD feed off of that would it? Would need a seperate box to take that feed and convert it into HD feed. Maybe the newer t.v.'s have something to read HD but I am sure alot of t.v.'s out there do not have a HD ability right out of the cable outlet. If I am wrong correct me, but I thought all of that was decrypted and the reasoning why your cable/sat providers made you rent the box's (DVR's, HD recievers, etc.)

I'm sure he meant the same as you do now live or off the internal HD
I didn't relize this till now but external HD can not be seen on second TV

1. ability to view and watch contents on TV2.That is a must have request.Damn it TV2 is what fills up my HD
2.The 3 move limit
3.auto overflow
4.Delete
5. Trim

I think the short summary is that anything you can do with the internal drive should also be allowed with the external drive as well.

I know there are some technical limitations like having enough bandwidth to directly record three streams while playing back one on the external drive. I think I can live without that for the time being.

External HDD Even List Sorted - Yea

I have 446.
Can I believe my eyes?
Has this been covered already?
Is the list of events on the external HDD now sorted?

I should have played with it more, but I have a transfer in progress.

Looks like the External HDD event list is picking up the sort setting from the PVR list.

I would like to see the programs on the external drive show up in the regular My recordings list with an icon indicating its on the external.

I want this too along with the ability to view on TV2. My family resists me moving items to the external drive because they consider the program gone. The items don't show in the regular list, and can't be watched on TV2.

I have 446.
Can I believe my eyes?
Has this been covered already?
Is the list of events on the external HDD now sorted?

I should have played with it more, but I have a transfer in progress.

Looks like the External HDD event list is picking up the sort setting from the PVR list.

I have 446 and my EHD is not sorted. I wish it were.

The external drive should be seemless to the main drive and should automatically "kick in" when the main drive becomes 90% full. Then there only needs to be 1 function which would be a cleanup function to tell which recordings you want to "Move" to the external drive.

I have 446 and my EHD is not sorted. I wish it were.

Strange. Mine is sorting the list.

Try touching the sort option on the pvr screen. Change it to date or size then go back and check the external hdd. Perhaps the setting needs to be twizzled before it sticks to the external.

(I tend to use date & alpha -> often hitting the swap button to switch between).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)