External Hard Drive Question

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
So I had Dish with the External Hard Drive feature enabled on my old account. I had to close that account and open a new one along with gettting new equipment a few months back. Now that external hard drive option is free I decided to connect the two old external hard drives to see if I could access the old content with my new recievers. For whatever reason the first hard drive I connect works just fine. The second prompts me to reformat it for some reason. I believe when I connected the first one I also got a message to reformat it but when I canceled out and started again, that message was gone and the content was available. I've canceled out and retried with the 2nd hard drive but no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Possibly. Its the older of the two drives and from I recall it was back when they first added that feature to the 622. I guess they changed the rules.

EHD's should be account specific (it shouldn't have worked from your old account to your new one), meaning you shouldn't have been able to get them to work on your new account without reformatting the drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)