F3 Digital Tiling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
While watching DIY Network on F3 two nights ago (as well as about a week and a half ago) I was getting some digital tiling and occasionally the picture (sometimes sound) would drop out completely for a second or two. I switched to a few other channels on that satellite (HGTV and Food) and they seemed to be doing the same thing.
Signal was up around 80% and quality was 99%, Diag. C (I think it's called EBNO or something like that) was at +12.0 for all the channels and it was not jumping around at all, it remained rock solid. This leads me to believe it was a problem somewhere other than my system.
Anyone else experience this recently on F3?

I did see F3 (AMC-11) Showtime down in signal last Sunday night but up again. Currently none of my subs are there so I don't go there much. The channels you mentioned are all in the same Scripps mux. If your other channels are okay I would think that you can rule out electrical. It could be something was happening at the uplink or on there end. You could check your dish alignment if you want, but your signal quality is very good.

Yes, that is what I thought, there was absolutely no dropout in signal. I did not try another satellite but if it happens again I will. I haven't been watching it much lately and most of what I watch is on the Scripps mux so if it's limited to a problem with only that mux I guess I'll have to ride it out.

Yes, that is what I thought, there was absolutely no dropout in signal. I did not try another satellite but if it happens again I will. I haven't been watching it much lately and most of what I watch is on the Scripps mux so if it's limited to a problem with only that mux I guess I'll have to ride it out.

If Scripps is having a problem call your program provider and let them know. They will notify the uplink and they will look into it. That's what your paying for. I do that whenever there is an issue that isn't related to my end. If you don't tell them it may take allot longer to get fixed.

I think I have it narrowed down. I noticed that the tiling and picture breakup only happen when I'm on a horizontal transponder and on every satellite I tried. On W5 I was able to catch the ebno drop significantly which corresponded with the picture breakup.
I'm thinking probably the LNBF but I also have a 22Khz switch on the incoming coax as I use one coax for FTA and 4DTV. I may have to check that as well.........or perhaps first before swapping out the LNBF. It is on the non switched side. But if it were the 22Khz switch I would expect to see the problem with either H or V signals.
Thoughts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)