Fantasy Football Reminder

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I don't get the Ravens D/ST pick either. VERY strange. I hope it was a mistake. I don't know how else Fatts can justify it.

BTW, Rex Ryan (former D-Coordinator of the Rats) went to NY Jets! Rex Ryan even brought former Raven's: LB Bart Scott, S Jim Leonhard and DE Marques Douglas with him. What I'm trying to say is, it's debatable whether or not the Ravens are even the best fantasy D/ST in the league any more.

To say that I'm disturbed by this pick is a wicked understatement!

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
No one is more mystified by that pick then me. I did not participate in the live draft and, to the best of my knowledge, never did any screwing around with the preset rankings. All of the leagues that I play in , with the exception of this one, are auto-draft and I must admit that I prefer them. I decided when I joined this league that I would go with who I got and try to improve as the season goes on. I am a Raven fan and am happy to have them, but at what cost ? I can't wait for the season to begin as I will be at my 45th class reunion in PA on Saturday and then come back to MD to celebrate my 63 birthday on the 13th. Good luck to all and put on your boots, the sh*t might get deep on the message board.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I'm satisfied with my Roster.

Solid QB with Rivers.

Solid depth at WR with Randy Moss, DeShawn Jackson, Vincent Jackson, Anthony Gonzo, Ted Ginn Jr. and Devery Henderson.

Two capable RB starters in Matt Forte and Pierre Thomas. High potential backups in Felix Jones and James Davis.

For TE, I went with Kellen Winslow. If he can stay healthy, his potential is limitless.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Not a bad idea in drafting two D/ST's. Good hindsight Sabres. Especially since we have such a large roster with 7 bench spots.
There's another school of thought on that. If you have a good D you'll ride them every week and will only need a replacement on their bye. I would rather have an extra RB/WR on my bench for when injuries happen, or for potential trades down the road....

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
As most people have said I'm happy with my tem as well. I think I have two solid defenses, 2 great QB options, a great WR core, and an incredible RB core as long as injuries don't take over. I'm looking forward to the superbowl already.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
I feel pretty good about mine, but who knows... I screwed up a bit on my late round running back picks, and I'm a little weak at RB overall, but I knew that would be the case when I picked Brady #1.

I'm banking on something close to his performance of a couple years ago.... I typically pick RB first, but it just seemed like there are only a couple of really sure things this year, and they were already gone, so I took a chance.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Of course, right about now I remember one of my pet peeves about Fantasy - why is a passing TD worth less than one of another kind? It makes no sense..... a TD is a TD, and there's no way the 25th best RB should be worth the same as a top flight QB.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Of course, right about now I remember one of my pet peeves about Fantasy - why is a passing TD worth less than one of another kind? It makes no sense..... a TD is a TD, and there's no way the 25th best RB should be worth the same as a top flight QB.

Because everyone would just draft QB/WR combos from the same team. (Ie. Tom Brady and Randy Moss). Then, every touchdown thrown, that team would get 12 points! That would be nuts and completely over-inflate a QB's value.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Because everyone would just draft QB/WR combos from the same team. (Ie. Tom Brady and Randy Moss). Then, every touchdown thrown, that team would get 12 points! That would be nuts and completely over-inflate a QB's value.
Several years ago I had Brad Johnson when he played for the Vikes. One game he threw a pass that was tipped back to himself and he took the ball 2 yards into the end zone. He was awarded 12 points for the play, 6 for the pass and 6 for the reception. I won my matchup that week by 2 points!!!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Several years ago I had Brad Johnson when he played for the Vikes. One game he threw a pass that was tipped back to himself and he took the ball 2 yards into the end zone. He was awarded 12 points for the play, 6 for the pass and 6 for the reception. I won my matchup that week by 2 points!!!

Well that's silly. In that league, did your QB get TD points for throwing an interception to an opposing defense who ran it back for a TD too?

In the example you posted, Brad Johnson should've been awarded points for a TD run only. You can't throw to yourself.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Well that's silly. In that league, did your QB get TD points for throwing an interception to an opposing defense who ran it back for a TD too?

In the example you posted, Brad Johnson should've been awarded points for a TD run only. You can't throw to yourself.
Apparently you can. Officially in the boxscore it was listed as something like this:

B. Johnson 1 Yd TD pass to B. Johnson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts