This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Favorite All time and current sitcoms?

Used to watch reruns of Dobie Gillis back in the 80s when I first got Cable in my apartment. Never knew that Gilligan was a beatnick before he was lost on that island.

Oldies - The Honeymooners and Doby Gillis
A Bit Later - Hogan's Heros and Green Acres
Newer - Barney Miller and Night Court
Current - Two and a Half Men ( though doubtful for the upcoming seasons with the cast change ) and Mike & Molly

But, of course, nobody can beat the Stooges !

Current is easy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or for non pay TV, Modern Family.

Classic not so easy of course. Is MASH considered a sitcom? It's probably my #1 show overall. For a definite sitcom, Seinfeld. Many of the older one's I grew up with don't hold up for me, with exceptions of course. Taxi and Cheers get a high honorable mention.

Top of my list are MTM and MASH. Some others also Cheers, Frasier, WKRP.

Don't like any of the current ones that I have seen.

Yes MASH was a sitcom. What else would you call it?

Mash was one of the first "Dramedies". It combined both comedy and drama in one show. So did "All in the Family."

The first twenty episodes of MASH was on Hallmark last weekend. An old timer I had recorded them all. Truly the best show ever in my book.

I loved the episode where Hawkeye was accused of stealing stuff, and Blake walks into the swamp and asks "what's in here?" (pointing to the stove pipe), and Trapper says "soot" - and he says's "I'll be the judge of that" only to get a face full of soot. Classic comedy. Great tv.

And since I live in the "hometown" of Colonel Blake (and actually the home town of McLean Stevenson; my office is across the street from the elementary school he attended), I laugh every time I drive by the Bloomington Country Club (where Blake was convinced his wife was having an affair with the dentist!)

I always enjoyed M*A*S*H* but I think it could have been better if it didn't go on for so long. Season 7 and 8 etc. I was reading an article about it and I think it was Alan Alda saying he was disappointed about how it's been handled in syndication the last 5 years.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Dick Van Dyke, which I still find funny after all these years. And wasn’t it the first show to show a couple in bed together (though both in pajamas)?

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Dick Van Dyke, which I still find funny after all these years. And wasn’t it the first show to show a couple in bed together (though both in pajamas)?
Love Dick Van Dyke. A great show. My kids love this show . But they never slept in the same bed. That might have been Bob Newhart from the 1970's.