Favorite Android Apps

Sirius XM Internet Radio has a 7 day trial for its new Android App.

www.siriusxm.com/android

I downloaded the player and it works great. I like the menus and options so much better than Pandora on the Android. Of course, after 7 days you need to buy a subscription, so you get what you pay for. But I am thinking I will do a 3 month subscription for our 2200 mile road trip in June. Plug the aux input from the radio into my Droid and we have satellite radio. :)

Finding rates on the sirius site is like pulling teeth, anyone find out how much just 'premium internet radio' is other than $3/mo if you already have service?

Edit: looks like it's $13/mo.

Note that you get 30 days free on their website... not sure if that would let you get 30 on the app.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SIRIUS Internet Radio

Yeah, I was irritated by that. Its definitely not cheap, but I might do the three month subscription just for the summer road trips, and then cancel.

The 30 days free on the website requires a credit card to start; the 7 day on the Android does not. I just installed, and gave an email and I was in and listening in less than a minute.

Sirius XM Internet Radio has a 7 day trial for its new Android App.

www.siriusxm.com/android

I downloaded the player and it works great. I like the menus and options so much better than Pandora on the Android. Of course, after 7 days you need to buy a subscription, so you get what you pay for. But I am thinking I will do a 3 month subscription for our 2200 mile road trip in June. Plug the aux input from the radio into my Droid and we have satellite radio. :)

I played with this for awhile tonight, sitting outside on our deck, listenign to Sirius on my Droid, and it is pretty nice. I had two songs go into buffer mode, but for the most part it was pretty flawless. I'll play more in the next few days.

I think I found a new favorite. The new Audible for Android app is in a private beta, but you can get it by just joining the google group. http://groups.google.com/group/audible-for-android-beta?msg=subscribe

It works very well. Gives me access to my entire Audible library (a LOT of books over the past decade!). and you can listen while it is downloading. You don't have to wait for the entire book to download. Not true when you download from the web.

How's Android with MS exchange? Is it relatively easy to set up on an Android phone, do you need a special app, etc?
I set up my exchange account while waiting to check out at Radio Shack when i picked up my Evo last Friday. No apps involved. During set-up you get the options to set up g-mail, MS exchange, or other. I set up the first two at the RS since I use them the most. It was very fast and easy! :D

I set up my exchange account while waiting to check out at Radio Shack when i picked up my Evo last Friday. No apps involved. During set-up you get the options to set up g-mail, MS exchange, or other. I set up the first two at the RS since I use them the most. It was very fast and easy! :D
I'm actually trying Touchdown right now. It seems to work well overall. It gets my exchange emails and uses our calendar, but I can't get push email (due to lack of ActiveSync on my work's Exchange) the address book lookup doesn't work, and I don't have access to ALL my job's calendars. I think that the HTC phones have apps that work better with Exchange than stock android, but TD seems to work well for me. Hopefully I can convince my job to foot the $20 bill for it. Hell if they're buying people Blackberries and paying Verizon out the ass for service, $20 for the ability for me to be "out of pocket" seems like an easy sell to me..

1. Beautiful Widget
2. Tapatalk
3. Pandora
4. Shazam
5. Directv
6. Shop savvy
7. Advanced App Killer
8. Battery Widget by. mippin

1. SWYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Beautiful Widget
3. Shazam
4. Shop savvy
5. Directv

I have no need for the App Killer or the Battery Widgets anymore. I was very foolish to think i needed a app killer. Linux just does not need it!

Ok, I am home and want to upgrade my Froyo. Which version are you guys running?

Bugless Beast 0.2?

Jrummy?

Any other version?

Itching for some more Froyo fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)