Favorite Android Apps

If I remember correctly the free version does not support HTTPS traffic.

not sure, I just bought the paid version. I got it because I wanted to be able to tether via usb, and once the last versions of Froyo came out Verizon turned that off. It was worth the money for me.

Anyone use "Our Groceries" ? It works on Android and iOS and is a real-time grocery shopping list. We use it to add things that we will need at the grocery. It's real handy because it's too easy to forget things that you thought of days before and once at the store to not remember... One problem is, I'm at the store and just about done and I check ... and my wife has added things she's just remembered !! :D

One feature I'd really like: The ability to order the items in the same order that stores stock them !

Anyone use "Our Groceries" ? It works on Android and iOS and is a real-time grocery shopping list. We use it to add things that we will need at the grocery. It's real handy because it's too easy to forget things that you thought of days before and once at the store to not remember... One problem is, I'm at the store and just about done and I check ... and my wife has added things she's just remembered !! :D

One feature I'd really like: The ability to order the items in the same order that stores stock them !

I need that. I will try it out.

TTS is built-in, at least with Android 2.1. I use it with texting frequently and it works quite well ... so long as you speak clearly and turn off talk radio in the background !

The Moto i1 runs Cupcake 1.5 and it will probably never be updated to anything newer.
That model has been rooted but I can't find much end-user support for it. That's the key with rooting: Regardless of your provider continuing 'support', the root community is free to. VZW won't support the Eris beyond Android 2.1. I have Android 2.2 on mine and there's a 2.3 port already available (too un-stable for me at the moment, from what I've read). Give it time though and I'm sure it will be stable soon...

Wifi tether for root users is coming in handy tonight.

Having a new years party at our camp with no net access. Fired up my laptop, turned on wifi tether, and problem solved.

chart

Xbox Live Statistics
Nice app to view your Xbox friends list for free. It even allows you to send messages

I am finding that Tweetdeck is a great enhancement to my Tab. Not for twitter (which is generally a waste of time for me) but for the facebook feed.

The top apps I am using on my tab are: Easy Soduku, Pulse, NY Times for Tablet, Wall Street Journal for Tablet, and gasp.... Kindle. (Yup, the convenience factor is really winning me over to the Kindle app; even though I still don't like the page turn feature on it).

I haven't used it much, but X-9 is a pretty darn good flight simulator on the Tab as well.