Favorite fast food place?

I've noticed that about Hardee's and others seem to say the same thing. There's not a "lot" of them -- not a good or bad thing -- and what I've noticed is they're often in smaller towns (not a suburb either), i.e. away from bigger cities.
Yeah, they do seem to be in smaller cities and towns. I guess that is why i see them so much around here. Is it hardees or Carls there? When I went to detroit and ohio for a trip, I thought it was Carls. I may be mistaken

Hot Ham and Cheese there is awsome!

I take back my pick of Popeye's Fried Chicken. I like them, but far and away my favorite is Panera Bread. Don't know why I didn't think of them earlier. Great sandwiches, French Onion soup is a standout, and great bread at their bakery. All in one store.

My favorites are Taco Bell, Subway and Long John Silver's. Thankfully, (for my waistline, not my taste buds) there aren't many LJS around here. My favorite Subway meal is Oven Roasted Chicken Breast with all veggies (no tomato) with swiss cheese and sweet onion sauce on honey oat bread with a side of Salt and Vinegar chips.

I do not like Quizno's at all. If I want a toasted sandwich, Potbelly's is the place that we go.

Potbelly's is good too. Not too many around here. Surprised there seems to be so much room for new entrants.

I do not like Quizno's at all. If I want a toasted sandwich, Potbelly's is the place that we go.

My only real issue with Quiznos is that everything seems so 'over-prepared' to the point where you have so many choices, but no real options. 'Teriyaki-Ginger' this, 'Chipotle-Salsa' that, 'Italian-Caesar' something else...lol. I mean, what do I do if I just want a freakin' sandwich? :D :D :D

Definitely Potbelly Sandwich Works. I love that place...

And a not so distant second is Portillos

And last, Jay's Beef, which is perhaps the finest Chicago Style Italian Beef ever. The only reason that I put this last is because the only place you can find it is...well...Chicago....:eek:

MMMMMMM... Italian Beef! I miss that. They don't have it here in CT. I used to work at Portillo's when I was in college! :) Last time I visited my family, I went to Potbelly's, and it was ok, but I wasn't that impressed.

Have you ever tried their chocolate cake? MMMMMMMM

MMMMMMM... Italian Beef! I miss that. They don't have it here in CT. I used to work at Portillo's when I was in college! :) Last time I visited my family, I went to Potbelly's, and it was ok, but I wasn't that impressed.

Have you ever tried their chocolate cake? MMMMMMMM

Yes I have! When I'm feeling particularly decadent I tend to go for the chocolate malt as well.

I've been going to the original location in Melrose Park since I was...well....'relatively young', :) My big thing there is the italian beef, and I wasn't beyond bringing a bag full of Portillo's hotdogs to my nephews baseball games either... -/

...and another thing, don't ask me why their fries taste so good, I mean...they are just fries, right?

OH, I forgot about Arbys!! LOVE IT! The closest is 30 miles away though....:( Thats the main fast food place we dont have (that and burger king, which I dont miss much, a burger is a burger in many cases)

Fazzoli's, Popeyes Chicken, and Penn Station (absolutely puts Subway and Quiznos to shame)

Chipolte's are popping up everywhere. We have them all over NE Ohio. McDonald's actually owns Chipolte.

It's basically a Mexican Subway. You order your choice of tortilla, then add your meat, salsa, cheese and other toppings of your choosing. The burritos are wrapped in foil and are massive!

Last edited:
Chipolte's are popping up everywhere. We have them all over NE Ohio. McDonld's actually owns Chipolte.

It's basically a Mexican Subway. You order your choice of tortilla, then add your meat, salsa, cheese and other toppings of your choosing. The burritos are wrapped in foil and are massive!

:hungry:!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)