February 2011 Price Increases

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hemi, D* may now be more than E*, but E* hasn't announced their annual price increase yet. So that may change.

SatelliteRacer did say at the other site that the first receiver is still free. And that aside from changing the extra receiver fee from $4.99 to $5.00 a few years ago, this is the first receiver fee increase in 17 years.

I haven't kept up with other provider price increase announcements but he said that "Time Warner announced theirs three weeks ago. AT&T Uverse last week. Comcast approximately 4 weeks ago." And he added that "the timing of all MSO's is tied in to their programming costs and all of those start with their new higher rates next week that they have to pay all the content providers."

As far as free DVRs go from cable companies that has always been one of cable's biggest advantages over DBS. However, I do think that most of them charge more per month for the HD DVR fees than D* does. I don't know if they still do but my local TWC charged a couple of bucks a month just for the receiver remote.

My local cable company charges a lot more for the box/month. I think it runs around $17, and that is for each television! That ends up being a lot more per month than Directv.

As far as free DVRs go from cable companies that has always been one of cable's biggest advantages over DBS. However, I do think that most of them charge more per month for the HD DVR fees than D* does. .
Yep, its is double, But if the Over all monthly cost is still $35 less then my equal services with Directv and Verizon without promotions, Then they can charge what every they want in fee's IMO.
Makes no difference to me how they want to word it.

My local cable company charges a lot more for the box/month. I think it runs around $17, and that is for each television! That ends up being a lot more per month than Directv.
$169 for 12 months is The Everything Pack,HD DVR Unlimited Phone and Internet (10 MBPS). For 3 HD DVR rooms and one HD room.
Then 2nd year its $207.
Right now I'm paying with D* and Verizon $235 per month For my 3 MBPS internet and Unlimited calling, Premier pack,with HD DVR,4 rooms,HD Extra,and Protection plan.

So, what does this next Increase bring me in return? HBO VOD?? Not what I had in mind!

So install on Dec 30 increase in Feb even though it says lock in your rates till 2012.I mean not that big of deal they all do it.

So install on Dec 30 increase in Feb even though it says lock in your rates till 2012.I mean not that big of deal they all do it.

If part of your deal is a locked in rate, then you will not see the upcoming price increase.

If you signed up under a lock in your rates till 2012 then your bill will not be going up in February. Your bill will increase your first bill after your locked promotion expires.

Wonder what this means?

DirecTV to raise rates 4% in 2011 | The Business Journal

Some optional services will also have new prices, though the company did not give details in its announcement.

Read more: DirecTV to raise rates 4% in 2011 | The Business Journal

Federal retirements (military, Social Security, Civil Service, etc.) did not go up last year and will not be adjusted up this year because there was no increase in COL. I imagine some states are following suit.

Mine will go up $4
Same here. $3 increase on my grandfathered package and a $1 increase on my extra receiver (I am only using 1 extra receiver now and am thinking of dumping that and running a second line from my primary receiver since we never have more than one TV on at a time).

I think it's just part of television now weather it's Direct,Dish,Uverse or cable companies it's going to go up so we just roll with it or change carriers.

So, what does this next Increase bring me in return? HBO VOD?? Not what I had in mind!

Supposedly HD VOD is coming early next year and there will be an increase in HBO/Max HD channels but SatelliteRacer is vague on the when and he says "but whenever technology and negotiations are going on, cannot be finite with a date as they often change."

At this point I've dropped all premium movie channels and I'm using Netflix instead. But that said I will agree that for those that do get HBO/Max, they are woefully under represented. While I have all of the HD channels I absolutely have to have, you can read my signature to see the ones I would like to see added as these are the channels we watch on a regular basis that don't have an HD version.

Now when the NCAA tournament starts, not having Tru-TV HD will become a much bigger deal to me as starting this March Tru-TV will be carrying tournament games. Along with TBS, TNT and of course CBS.

My main reason for changing from Uverse are their boxes are the worse.I will be keeping their internet which works very well.

Supposedly HD VOD is coming early next year and there will be an increase in HBO/Max HD channels but SatelliteRacer is vague on the when and he says "but whenever technology and negotiations are going on, cannot be finite with a date as they often change."

At this point I've dropped all premium movie channels and I'm using Netflix instead. But that said I will agree that for those that do get HBO/Max, they are woefully under represented. While I have all of the HD channels I absolutely have to have, you can read my signature to see the ones I would like to see added as these are the channels we watch on a regular basis that don't have an HD version.

I dropped 80% of my Premiums as well.
I kept HBO and I have Choice Ultimate.
I've been Using Netfilx as well on my Blu-Ray player and Wii.

But again , the High end D* customer gets a break.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)