Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im gonna spend what it takes to have the DVR's I require, and the programming I require. At the end of the day, I record, then later I watch, unless its Fball season.

What these shenanigans do for me, send me in to drop the fat in my programming I really had for no reason. The rub is the extent of these increases. They either should have been higher to begin with, or not increased with so large a jump. Plus I still feel $7 for a joey is ridiculous, and I will end up giving that back if they get any more out of hand with fees. Raising the fee on the Joey any more would require me telling Dish to take it back, turn sideways, and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.

Yeah, it's odd, since you are comparing a discounted fee with an undiscounted fee. :)

That's true, but comparing the DVR and MRV portions just seems more fair to me. Technically D* has $10 of their $25 as an HD fee, but it isn't all that hard to get that discount for those that bother to call and complain.

Anyone remember how Dish promoted one Hopper and multiple Joeys vs two (or more) Hoppers and a couple Joeys? Many INSISTED on more than one Hopper and even found ways around the (albeit soft) restriction.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The whole-home/dvr term is just a fancy way to sugar coat the fact that every hopper will have a $14 fee.

For the average size family 1 hopper is not going to cut it. A friend of mine recently signed up & installed a 1 hopper/3 joey system for 1 of his customers. It's already an issue for them on the 4th tv & it has only been a few days. I tried advising him against it upfront, but he did it anyhow.

If they are going to have this fee then so be it. At least make a 4 room solution without another hopper & have 2 extra tuners available for recording.

The whole-home/dvr term is just a fancy way to sugar coat the fact that every hopper will have a $14 fee.

For the average size family 1 hopper is not going to cut it. A friend of mine recently signed up & installed a 1 hopper/3 joey system for 1 of his customers. It's already an issue for them on the 4th tv & it has only been a few days. I tried advising him against it upfront, but he did it anyhow.

If they are going to have this fee then so be it. At least make a 4 room solution without another hopper & have 2 extra tuners available for recording.

Its pretty intersting when you consider with two Hoppers and a Joey, Im paying $35 in equipment fees after spending $300 on the equipment and being in a 24 month contract.

I read some posts saying the Hopper fee increases to $14. I read others saying the whole-home fee is increasing to $7. There is a big diff between the two. The former would be horrible for those with more than one Hopper, while the latter would be only moderately offensive. They would be equally offensive for one-Hopper households, of course.

Does anybody know for sure which it is?

(It goes without saying that receiver fees have always been incredibly offensive to those who purchased and own their equipment.)

OK, if you have one Hopper, the DVR+MRV fee will increase from $10 to $14. But all of that $4 increase is to the MRV portion.

2nd Hopper costs $14 to lease up from $7

OK, if you have one Hopper, the DVR+MRV fee will increase from $10 to $14. But all of that $4 increase is to the MRV portion.

That was confusing to me at first, since they dont charge for 1 Hopper directly. I dunno why they just dont change it to $14 per Hopper and $7 per joey, instead of using the DVR Fee.

You're technically right with the wording. However it is just much easier for me to say every hopper is $14.

That was confusing to me at first, since they dont charge for 1 Hopper directly. I dunno why they just dont change it to $14 per Hopper and $7 per joey, instead of using the DVR Fee.

It is because it isn't a 1st Hopper fee. It is an account fee for having DVR+MRV available. Of course the difference is just semantics! :)

Yep, which I pointed out in post#18. :)

You did mention that.

I really think this was an unintended leak about the upcoming changes & hope the dirt member hasn't received any flack over it.

A few questions & answers.....bam the whole thread blew up. :eek: However I am grateful to know before it would have been to late & truly sympathize for those locked in contracts with 2+ hoppers.

When this news becomes public & folks start seeing those charges I look for some serious uproar. This thread is only the tip of the iceberg.

Or...it is their intention to get, at least satguys desensitized well before the ax falls. DIRT may well be unknowing accomplices.

Desensitized. Could be. And maybe DIRT was directed to spill the beans.

Oh no, what's next? I'll start seeing black helicopters? :eek

Desensitized. Could be. And maybe DIRT was directed to spill the beans.

Oh no, what's next? I'll start seeing black helicopters? :eek

How about this.......

drone.jpg

Is this a mosquito? No. It's an insect spy drone for urban areas, already in production, funded by the US Government. It can be remotely controlled and is equipped with a camera and a microphone. It can land on you, and it may have the potential to take a DNA sample or leave RFID tracking nanotechnology on your skin. It can fly through an open window, or it can attach to your clothing until you take it in your home. Given their propensity to request macro-sized drones for surveillance, one is left with little doubt that police and military may look into these gadgets next.
(And to think we were worried about West Nile virus!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)