Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You should've removed protection plan long ago, and just activated it when needed.

$11 more per month to my bill after having had two rate increases to my bill recently?

Once my contract runs out, I'll definitely be making changes... unless they come up with 5 or 6 tuner Hopper

Looks like it was "hey, we have all these folks with multiple Hoppers now who need the tuners, lets make some extra money"...

So, my DVR increase will be to $11, and my 2nd Hopper will now be $14, but the first is still $7?

Well,I appreciate your honesty TommyF.I know your just the messenger but,this still wreaks.I can see 211's gaining popularity in the coming months.

Anyone with a little bit of thought should have seen this coming. Today order a second Hopper and it costs the same as a Joey. Tomorrow that second Hopper will cost the same as 2 Joeys. All the folks who thought "why should I have a Joey when I can get a second Hopper for the same monthly cost" now have reality coming into view....

I think they finally caught the error of their ways. I have always wondered why a second Hopper cost the same as a Joey when you got so much more then the Joey.

With that said, I got to admit I am not happy with another price increase. :(

Anyone with a little bit of thought should have seen this coming. Today order a second Hopper and it costs the same as a Joey. Tomorrow that second Hopper will cost the same as 2 Joeys. All the folks who thought "why should I have a Joey when I can get a second Hopper for the same monthly cost" now have reality coming into view....

I never imagined a reality where they would double the monthly cost just for the sake of collecting money on equipment we paid an upfront upgrade fee. Especially after having just raised rates.

Extra hopper for same price as a joey always seamed to good to be true, based on their vip pricing. Just too bad they sucked so many people in and THEN hit them with the increase. Bait and switch. Still milking my 6+ year old 622 for now.

That's a fair assessment Bobby but,still doesn't justify such a huge increase on top of another recent increase.

Goodbye one Joey (yes, I know no increase, but will help offset other)...will mirror one TV.

Considering I paid $215 and added another 24 months recently to add my 2nd Hopper... In reality, you have a DVR fee, and then a box fee. DVR fee could be increase slightly, but Joey does not need to be $7, it could be lower. Its a crap move anyway you spin it.

I certainly saw it coming, from a logical standpoint. But I always thought that the Joey fee was too high to begin with, since it didn't have a tuner. A more reasonable rate to me would have been $10 for each Hopper and $3-$4 for each Joey.

Thank god I stumbled across this thread. I was literally minutes from installing my upgrade. Equipment is now in the garage & will use elsewhere. :(

Jeez, paying $10 more to go from 1HD/1SD (722K) to go to 2HD (H/J) feeds was bad enough. Now that is going to be a $14 increase! What kind of logic is that? My second tv looks mighty fine in SD at that kind of an increase. I'm sure some H/J owners have already dropped down a tier to save some money in Feb. Now they're getting hit again! :eek:

Well, now the discrepancy with charges benefiting households with more than 3 TVs has finally evened out. Now we all are paying too much.

I certainly saw it coming, from a logical standpoint. But I always thought that the Joey fee was too high to begin with, since it didn't have a tuner. A more reasonable rate to me would have been $10 for each Hopper and $3-$4 for each Joey.

Exactly, a client box that costs the same per month as a box with a tuner. And like what was said when prices were first announced, the first Joey should be free with the Hopper.

I have been keeping BB@demand as I still have a BB open so swapping DVD's works out well, with this increase, looks like this makes this a easy choice to drop BB@home

I think these rate adjustments could get postponed, if we raise enough stink about it ala Netflix (I think it was Netflix) with their proposed rate increase a few years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.