Finally canceled E* today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I have been enjoying the hell out of DirecTV since it was installed this past Thursday. Even though I originally tried to get service almost a month ago... I finally got around to cancelling E* today because we had (and still do) about 24 hours of shows to watch on one of our receivers. But I didn't want to keep forking out cash to E* just to slowly watch the shows off one DVR. I was messing around with Media Share on the receivers and got the idea to download the episodes and stream them to the receiver. It works flawlessly! Cash saved and I get to unhook the other receivers and ship them back when we get the boxes.

I was a unsure if I would like what D* has to offer any more than I liked E*. It wouldn't be a bad thing if I liked them equally, but I wanted the move to have some benefits for switching. It's just a few days later and I know I made the right choice. I will miss G4 in HD, but I'm hoping it comes sometime this month. Plus we get our local HDs without having to "move".

My only concern is we signed up for E* through a local retailer and hope they didn't throw in any stipulations for cancelling early. Like fees or anything else. Our contract was due to expire in 3 months, so I think we should be OK. If the retailer had a stipulation I would think it would be either 12 or 18 months at most without penalty. Anyways, welcome to the "dark" side indeed.

armchair said:
I wouldn't call it the "Dark' side but welcome to ya just the same!

"Dark Side" is just a little joke some of us ex Dish subs use. If you go to the Dish Forum you will know exactly what we are talking about.:)

Unless you ask those die hard E* subs here with the mule blinders on...

Congrats to the OP, glad you are enjoying the new gear.

What ever you do don't post on the E* thread that you are switching. You will get the most idiotic responses ever.

Im not talking about that, Im talking about the "nothings wrong here" subs, and there is plenty of em. I agree you should not post an im leaving thread in the forum of the provider you're leaving. Just asks for all kinda of nonsense.

Congrats to the OP, glad you are enjoying the new gear.

I had switched to E for 9 months, before coming back to D last week. Now I didn't post much in the E forum I just used the handy search feature to see if other had programming issues that I had. Well, there are 4 guys over there who will attack the hell out of you if you say anything even remotely negative about King Charlie and his do no wrong company, Dish Network. I just can't believe the corporate shillery displayed by KAB, Slammin11, some dude with an ugly eagle avatar the cheapo with absolute.

Glad to be away from that.

What ever you do don't post on the E* thread that you are switching. You will get the most idiotic responses ever.

Im not talking about that, Im talking about the "nothings wrong here" subs, and there is plenty of em. I agree you should not post an im leaving thread in the forum of the provider you're leaving. Just asks for all kinda of nonsense.

Even if you post LEGITIMATE reasons you still get flamed by the same 5 folks. I understand if you post the reason and most folks think its dumb and your post is the old "dish you suck. bye charlie" or something of the nature. But when folks post GOOD reasons why they are leaving they still get flamed. A few examples would be
-D* has locals in HD, Dish doesn't (or they've said "soon" for a long time)
-RSN in HD all the time
-Specific channel that D* has that E* doesnt (MLB Net, Sprout, YES)

items like that. When I left I posted a thread that had my reasoning for leaving. It wasn't a "screw you Dish" thread. More of the reasoning why I wanted D*..and the same folks still flamed me.

There are a few fanboys who wouldnt leave E* no matter what.

Well, there are 4 guys over there who will attack the hell out of you if you say anything even remotely negative about King Charlie and his do no wrong company, Dish Network. I just can't believe the corporate shillery displayed by KAB, Slammin11, some dude with an ugly eagle avatar the cheapo with absolute.

Same 4 users. Actually I think it's 5 of them, can't say anything negative about E* anymore. :(

Very true. DBS is the same way about Directv. I just dont get over looking facts and being loyal to a tv provider.

4 years ago, Direct got hammered for HD Lite, now its the other way around, deal with it. I always like "Im watching both on a 40" tv and can't see the difference". To be honest, both look great on my 32", but as you blow em, you can see the difference in compression, and Dish is compressing more.

Im glad more folks are switching, itll pick up the traffic in this forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts