finally got my 6 ft dish setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Kinda.....
You can use a High Freq Splitter with Power Passing only on 1 side.
Then the Openbox will be the Master (control the Polarity ans Switch), and the other will be the slave. - kinda a pain in the a**.

Can you further explain the issue you are having?

I can't get the vertical transponders on the openbox and the 410 doesn't get signal. They both work fine as long as I don't have them looped together. I didn't know if the adverage splitter would work. I don't wannabe blow up something lol

Yes
You need to set it for an LNBF setup
Otherwise it will always output 18volts to the LNB, regardless of TP Polarity

Your LNBF's Polarity is voltage controlled......
Horizontal = 18 volts
Vertical = 13 Volts

Splitter >> Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution is your only option if you can't program the 410 to control the LNBF. This would also mean the FTA receiver powers the lnbf and selects polarity and band. Not an ideal situation, but it will work. A DC block in the loop out would also do the same. (might be able to score one of these from the local cable tech)
Also found this in the 4DTV section http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/242109-dsr410-hor-ver-lnb-power-problems.html seems the 410 is backwards on the polarity :eek:

Possible, but, I think, you'd need the splitter or block, and use the FTA to run the polarity. Or twist the lnbf, and remember that your polarities on FTA are opposite. I can't think of any other solution. Seems Motorola put the capability to change this in 922's, but not the 410's. [???] Had an Idea of adding a 410 here, so now, I know of a small problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts