finally got my 6 ft dish setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If my arc doesn't scan right what do I need to do. The funny thing was I said ok I blindly lined it up like dishpointer showed me, went inside and bumped it a few times and it was there. I think I never found it before was with the ku signal I had to barely bump the gbox as my true south wad 76.8 or so and 72 was only. 4 degrees difference. There isn't jack on the cband side I can get.I did get a 1080 golf feed earlier but its gone now. This is exciting watching the channels come on.anything on 79 and 83 west or whats the next one to shoot for?

On the KU side! see if you can get RTV and Tuff on AMC9 83w 11735/h/4440. On the c side PA cable network should come in on 3805/v/4166.Depending on which v or g box you have you can calculate the number of button clicks (pulses) it takes to move the dish 1 degree!For me its about 10.So if my box shows a number of 100 for 72w then 110 would be 73w and 83w would be 100+110 or 210.This isn't an exact way to find where a satellite is but should get you into the ballpark.For now i would just keep going one satellite at a time east and west of 72 and see how many you get!this way you can find out how good your tracking the arc.Save the p number on your g box every time you get a satellite lock.Example!! for me 72w is p22.and 83w is p29! To store all known satellites i could get in order i make p1 as 15 west (telestar12) to p59 139w(AMC8).Heres a chart i made for my satellite tracking.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
You need to set the LNB freq for each satellite you want to scan! Are you doing this?!If yes then it looks like your not following the arc and your dish declination is still off or your zenith is off or both.Your setup is working for both c and ku since you have a good luck getting 72 and 74.I remember when i was at the stage your in now!victorys and defeats! Take it slow and in time you will get more and more of the arc till you get all or most satellites that are within your line of site.

When you say "barley bump", about how many Numbers did the GBox count?

To start, I would just setup 2 Sats, 1 for Ku and the other for C Band.
Then enter a couple know Hot Transponders from a few different Sat, and use the GBox Remote to drive around to see if and what you can lock.
Keep notes on which TPs are for which Sats.

What i used to do in the beginning was to aim my dish where i thought a satellite would be then do a blindscan.If i was near a sat my receiver would pick up some tps then i would peak the Q of the tp,look up what satellite went with that Tp and presto!I just found another satellite.its kinda the lazy way out but it works.

Don't skip more than one satellite when moving away from your south satellite. Find each, in order, and fine tune the azimuth(twist of mount on pole) When moving only 2 or 4 degrees, the chances of acquiring Q is greater. Then watch each sat Q on the way back to center(south). slight adjustment of Polar elevation at zenith may be required. Mark the mount and pole for am azimuth reference. May come in very handy, to fine tune the declination if: Then check operation on the other side of the arc. Adjust azimuth if necessary. When you get this side adjusted. check the marks on the pole. If not aligned with the mark made adjusting azimuth on the opposite side, adjustment of the declination is required. Move back to your south sat. adjust declination slightly. Re-peak Q with the polar elevation. Then move to the side and adjust azimuth. Marks on pole should move together> If moved apart, adjust declination the opposite direction, (DO at south sat)

Got 72 w and 83w and 87w.watching metv taking a break watching bonanza.lol

I would keep going West.
Need to determine if / what adjustments are necessary.
Good idea to figure how many pulse counts between Sats.

Go west young man:) looking good! Like Lak said keep logging satellites one at a time till hopefully you get all the way to 137 west which would tell you that the arc is looking pretty good

Hello Macgod
Glad to see is coming along, I am about to start my setup, I been following this thread every day, there is great people here in this forum with lots of knowledge and always willing to help out.
I have a question for you, regarding the pipe size you used and dimensions of the hole in the ground, how far deep is the pole and how fat high off the ground.
thanks in advance
Chewie

Chewie I have a couple other threads started if you have the same setup as me I went to lowes and got a 2 1/2 inch pipe and used 2 inch pvc couplings to make it work oh my mount. There is a thread called 6 ft dish install tells you everything.I put it in the ground 4 feet 8 bags ready-mix. Pm me if you ever need help. Oh I'm up to 91 west had to watch another movie. Lol

This is a great place. Without this great community here I would have never got anywhere near where I am. Heck I wouldn't have got it built. So hats off to everyone who helped me. I'm not done yet but it feels good to be this far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts