Finally

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chucklesk

Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Hello again, I have posted before when I needed help installing my motor. I never actually got it working until last night, so I thought I would post what the problem was in case someone else was having the same problem. I have fought this thing for a year now and last night after looking at some pictures on Sadoun’s sight I discovered that I had the dish to high on the motor arm. All I had to do was move it down to the very bottom like in the pictures and the thing works perfect. I feel like an idiot, and it’s even worse because I install for a living and I was really stumped.

So if you’re having problems like I was and feel like throwing your dish in front of a train check the height of your dish on the motor arm first. I have also heard of people putting the elevation brackets on upside down. Also I think it is easier to peak the dish using the circular satellites. I’m going to peak it more today and I think I will start with 82.

Chuck

If you just go for the higher powered circular sats, and not your True South Sat, (unless your TS sat happens to be 82W) then you will have a tough time ever getting your motor and dish to track the sat belt properly. There are several posts on how to find your True South Sat and setting that up first. It's really not as hard as it might seem.
grusome

Thanks for the advice I just figured that if I could get 82 and something on the other side of the arc then everything would be aligned. I didn’t know that the linier and circular sats were on different arcs. My south sat is 119, I’m actually about 118 so even 119 and 118.8 are off a little. I didn’t get a chance to peak it out today, but I don’t think it will be too hard now that know what my problem was.

I'm happy that you sought out, help on Satguys and that you came back to tell us your fix to your problem.

I didn’t know that the linier and circular sats were on different arcs.

They're not. There is only one arc. Circular birds are very high powered and easy to get in with a 30+ inch dish. That is one of the reasons those birds are not preferable to setting up motors. Linear birds are lower powered and the settings need to be pretty much dead on to bring those babies in. When setting up your motor to track the arc perfectly, it is always preferred to start your setup on your true south bird. Once you peak that the best you can, everything else should fall into place. The key word being "should". ;)

They're not. There is only one arc. Circular birds are very high powered and easy to get in with a 30+ inch dish. That is one of the reasons those birds are not preferable to setting up motors. Linear birds are lower powered and the settings need to be pretty much dead on to bring those babies in. When setting up your motor to track the arc perfectly, it is always preferred to start your setup on your true south bird. Once you peak that the best you can, everything else should fall into place. The key word being "should". ;)

What he said!! :)

grusome

Well everything seems to be working I got the dish peaked out today. Now I just need to get a receiver that works a little better than my Viewsat. I was thinking a Coolsat 5000 or 6000. I don’t need HD and just want something with good blind scan and USALS controls. Any opinions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.