Finding sat with Trimax meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any substitutions?

With a Starchoice LNB, is there any frequency it will pick up from either the AnikF1R or Anik F2 satellite that the Trimax will actually be able to verify/lock?

I'm fairly new, so pardon the questions/theories if they are way off base.

It's just when lookin on lyngsat, there are multiple transpoders/frequencies on both those satellites, and not all SC or Digicipher, I just need to find out if there is a way to align the SC dish/lnb's with the trimax comfortably.

Thanks guys if you can assist.

Haywood

Iceberg - any thoughts?

With a Starchoice LNB, is there any frequency it will pick up from either the AnikF1R or Anik F2 satellite that the Trimax will actually be able to verify/lock?

I'm fairly new, so pardon the questions/theories if they are way off base.

It's just when lookin on lyngsat, there are multiple transpoders/frequencies on both those satellites, and not all SC or Digicipher, I just need to find out if there is a way to align the SC dish/lnb's with the trimax comfortably.

Thanks guys if you can assist.

Haywood

Iceberg, lookin at the above thread/post/quote, can you shed any light on how I can possibly get the trimax to detect "any" signal on either the Anik F1R or Anik F2 satellite via a Starchoice LNB. I dont need it to detect the SC signal, which I dont think is possible due to being Digicipher II, I just need the meter to tell me I'm lined up properly and maxed out, and then I can deal with the SC reciever to resolve any further issues regarding reciever setup/Audio-video.

Thanks

on AnikF1 you can try one of the following

11902 H 5859
11908 H 5859
11914 H 5859
11938 H 5859

Those are usually up 24/7..they're just feeds but are DVB

for AnikF2 try the "I need a strong tranponder" thread at the top

If I understand your question correctly, the most popular satellites here are Galaxy 25 at 97w (mostly foreign language programming, but plenty of clear channels) and Galaxy 18 (formerly Galaxy 10R) at 123w (mostly English-language local stations from Equity Broadcasting).

As for dish setup, we would have to know more about your equipment (dish size, LNB model/type, motor or no motor, etc.)

Guys just to let you know there is a GREAT NEW Software Update for the Trimax I just received info on yesterday. I downloaded it, But it took a while to figure out just how to do it. The key thing is to make sure you download BOTH the new Meter Tool V1.2 as well as the New Software V1.04 which adds the new NIT (Network Information Table) in the Bitstream.

With this new upgrade the Trimax 2200 will retain all your previous settings and you can add or delete Satellites and Transponders. But by far I think its best feature is now in AutoScan Mode where it will Lock in on the Satellite you are aiming at, and tell you the S and Q values, which I believe is similar to what the BirdDog does.

the list

Domando 1069 On 01-24-2008, 02:18 PM you said (Put in settings from THE LIST) What list are you talking about??????

Guys just to let you know there is a GREAT NEW Software Update for the Trimax I just received info on yesterday. I downloaded it, But it took a while to figure out just how to do it. The key thing is to make sure you download BOTH the new Meter Tool V1.2 as well as the New Software V1.04 which adds the new NIT (Network Information Table) in the Bitstream.

With this new upgrade the Trimax 2200 will retain all your previous settings and you can add or delete Satellites and Transponders. But by far I think its best feature is now in AutoScan Mode where it will Lock in on the Satellite you are aiming at, and tell you the S and Q values, which I believe is similar to what the BirdDog does.

Jsattv,

The software v1.04 is no longer listed on trimax's site. Do you have a copy you could post on the site, or some info as to possibly why they've delisted the 1.04?

Thanks

Haywood

Update - sorry, found it. I was looking in the right section, but it was "kinda" hidden with the sat list downloads :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.