Firefox 5.0 is Released

I don't have any issues or see any speed difference between Firefox and Chrome; in fact on 2 machines I am running the beta of Firefox 64bit and it ROCKS. Haven't had any crashes or compatibility issues yet either. I think most user issues are 95% user and 4% setup and 1% software.

I woke up this morning and found my mac updated itself to firefox 5.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet

Sent from my phone using the FREE SatelliteGuys App!

I find that FF5 plays nice with this old laptop. Certainly a lot faster that IE8. Next week I may install Chrome, but find it hard to believe it will be any faster on this old thing.

No menu bar at all on Chrome when using on a PC. MAC OS UI is different as there is always a menu bar as part of the OS for each program. IOW, on a MAC that menu bar is always there.

This is the menu bar in FF. Chrome does not have this option

Use the wrench on the right. I still use FF but I prefer Chrome, faster to start up is my primary reason.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Chrome may well be faster. That is it's claim to fame. I stopped using it because of privacy concerns and the fact that not all of my extensions worked or had equivalents but it is definitely worth considering.

Chrome may well be faster. That is it's claim to fame. I stopped using it because of privacy concerns and the fact that not all of my extensions worked or had equivalents but it is definitely worth considering.

For banking I still use FF, I dunno I just trust FF better for that but normal browsing like Sat guys and Facebook I use chrome. Plus for some reason with FF I can't use the black theme on Sat guys.

For banking I still use FF, I dunno I just trust FF better for that but normal browsing like Sat guys and Facebook I use chrome. Plus for some reason with FF I can't use the black theme on Sat guys.
Black theme works for me in FF4. I had some issues for a while, but not anymore.

My Google tool bar is incompatible with the new FF. So I am not upgrading it at work.

Chrome is only faster than FF in start up. I've done many tests on different machines. Both load web pages at the same speed. Some times one is faster than the other, but its the initial startup time that is definitely faster with Chrome.

Many extensions are available for Chrome. Unfortunately, AdBlock Plus doesn't work quite the same as it does in FF. I take that to mean that Google has done something to still allow their Google Ads to get through.

Chrome's version number went into hyper drive over a year ago. Chrome is now up to version12 already. Frankly, I haven't seen much difference in the browser since version 6. Mozilla seems to think this is causing Chrome's popularity, so they decided to adopt the same type of tack tick. Expect to see FF 6 in about three months. One thing that has bothered me with this tack tick is that FF seems to have problems with extensions when it jumps versions. Chrome has not as far as I can tell.

I still think Chrome is more like a vehicle for other Google projects, ChromeOS
and pushing new video/picture web formats just to mention two of them...

Diogen.

Can I get a mod to change the word out to the word Released in the title? The title makes it sound like FF is not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts