Firefox 5.0 is Released

I also lost intrest in FF. I am a Safari user right now but because of your comments I am giving Chrome a try. So far I like it, but it will take a little time to see if this is my new home browser.

Good luck. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Well worth trying the Sync features if you have multiple machines. I like that it doesn't just sync bookmarks, but extensions and chrome apps too. AND with an Android phone, nothing beats having texty - my text from Chrome app. :)

Does Chrome have something like the adblock plugin FF has? Been spoiled with it for dumbing down webpages. Not just ads..I get rid of logos on websites that take up space on websites that I do not need to see past the front page, crazy long sigs on some sites, moving graphics etc.

Never mind. Just found out there is no menu bar option in Chrome. Now time to uninstall Chrome. No menu = no use

Just wondering what do you use the menu for that makes not having it a deal breaker? I personally have yet to find a reason to even add my IE menu back at work.

Bookmarks, tools, history mostly. It is all right there is one thin and easy to access row

Thanks. I guess I would use those to but I have become used to the short cuts to get there. This could be due to my like of using the keyboard instead of the mouse. I spend very little time of the day using the mouse at work. The only thing I like using the mouse for at home is the multitouch gestures on the trackpad. :D I can not live without the two finger scroll option.

I've been running FF5 all afternoon on one of my laptops that I use for non business stuff and haven't noticed any differences other than my forecast enhanced addon doesn't work. Ad block plus does work though.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Mozilla releases Firefox 5

Just three months after the release of Firefox 4, the newest version of Mozilla’s flagship browser is here. Firefox 5 doesn’t change in terms of appearance when compared with the previous version – it basically features the same interface design and program menus. But don't let yourself be fooled by this apparent lack of new features. The best is yet to come!
firefox5.jpg
Firefox 5 provides a better user experience thanks to improved loading times when rendering web pages, a lighter RAM memory footprint and a generally faster response to user actions. After testing it for a while, I can say Firefox 5 is noticeably faster than the previous version – which wasn’t really that hard, actually. We heard lots of complaints about Firefox 4’s slow speed right after its long-awaited release.
Besides this major improvement, Firefox 5 also features a few other under the hood enhancements: better support for HTML 5, support for CSS animations, optimized JavaScript performance and an improved spell checking utility.
If you want to take a look at Firefox 5 and try it for yourself, check out our review and download a copy right away. Then don’t forget to leave us a comment and tell us what you think!

http://onsoftware.en.softonic.com/firefox-5-available-for-download

dotclear.gif

Have to wait a bit for me. 2 of my favorite ad ons don't work currently but I think it'll be resolved quickly.

Sent from my iPad2 using SatelliteGuys super groovy app

rockymtnhigh said:
I lost interest in FF when Chrome came out; and have not seen any reason to return to it. Chrome and Safari do the trick for me. And Chrome does it extremely well.

If chrome got a ad blocker and plug in for logmein I'd probably almost never use ff.

If chrome got a ad blocker and plug in for logmein I'd probably almost never use ff.

There is an Ad Block extension for Chrome, and I read that it works with logmein, but that was just from a google search, as I don't use it.

I use IE9 on a Vista and W7 machine. I really like it. It is miles ahead of IE8. I have an old laptop with Xp on it that I just installed FF5. The laptop has a small Celeron M processor. It can't do a lot at one time. Rocky how is Chrome on recourses? I may give it a spin if FF5 doesn't play well with the old girl.;)

Frank Jr. said:
I use IE9 on a Vista and W7 machine. I really like it. It is miles ahead of IE8. I have an old laptop with Xp on it that I just installed FF5. The laptop has a small Celeron M processor. It can't do a lot at one time. Rocky how is Chrome on recourses? I may give it a spin if FF5 doesn't play well with the old girl.;)

If you run it like I do, with five or six tabs, it ca be a bit of a hog, but in general I have been fine running it on old machines.

It tins on my pathetic asus netbook which my son says is the slowest computer in the world, LOL

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I noticed the tool button on the right side. The amount of time it takes to navigate through an extra feature on the right and go back to the left is much greater than any gain in performance. Plus I did not notice any speed differences between Chrome and FF as I was using it.

Chrome flies on a netbook, Firefox drags. (Speaking of FF 3.x. I never upgraded to 4 because I figured if I wanted it to look like Chrome, I'd use Chrome...) And I hardly ever use any menus in a browser, other than bookmarks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts