Firefox 5.0 is Released

I'm ok with 4.0.1, except that I had to change a setting at Sat Guys so when I went back to a page it would go to the spot I was on when I left it, not go back to the top of the page.
Dan

I lost interest in FF when Chrome came out; and have not seen any reason to return to it. Chrome and Safari do the trick for me. And Chrome does it extremely well.

Haven't had any issues with FF 4.0 and now running FF 5.0 through the day I haven't noticed any difference between the two.

I don't know why this is FF 5.0 as opposed to FF 4.1. I don't notice anything different between two

I lost interest in FF when Chrome came out; and have not seen any reason to return to it. Chrome and Safari do the trick for me. And Chrome does it extremely well.
Chrome is good. I cannot stand Safari, particularly Safari Mobile. There is a reason why many MAC users use FF or Chrome instead of Safari

Chrome is good. I cannot stand Safari, particularly Safari Mobile. There is a reason why many MAC users use FF or Chrome instead of Safari

Safari is fine on the iPad, and as a backup to Chrome on my mbp, when a site does not play well with Chrome, it works fine. Not my favorite browser, but functional. Chrome, on the other hand rocks -- even more so now that it works with "Texty" where I can text from chrome linked to my android phone.

I used to love Firefox, but just lost interest in it, and it just seemed slow in comparison with Chrome.

Latest Chrome (beta 13) adds in-browser printer options when opening PDFs.
I find it very useful...

Diogen.

Other than that, what is the difference between 4 and 5? Seems to me that this is just an add-on feature which would make it 4.1, not 5.0

Never mind. Just found out there is no menu bar option in Chrome. Now time to uninstall Chrome. No menu = no use

Never mind. Just found out there is no menu bar option in Chrome. Now time to uninstall Chrome. No menu = no use

What do you mean no menu bar? What exactly are you trying to do? Chrome has a bookmark bar, it shows up under the URL bar, you enable it in preferences. All your bookmarks show up, and you can sync to your google account - so any machine running it will automatically share bookmarks, and extensions/chrome apps.

I54Wr.png

No menu bar at all on Chrome when using on a PC. MAC OS UI is different as there is always a menu bar as part of the OS for each program. IOW, on a MAC that menu bar is always there.

This is the menu bar in FF. Chrome does not have this option

FF.png
pencil.png

You know, I have used Chrome for so long, I forgot - and never even thought about it not having a typical menu bar, BUT everything in the menu bar (on the mac ) is in the TOOL button the right hand part of the screen.

If it is a deal killer, so be it, but man you are missing out on 1) a very fast browser; 2) great web apps; 3) seamless syncing across machines.

And while the MAC has that menu bar, I can say I haven't used it pretty much other than to quite the app, although most of the time I just type ?Q. :)

I noticed the tool button on the right side. The amount of time it takes to navigate through an extra feature on the right and go back to the left is much greater than any gain in performance. Plus I did not notice any speed differences between Chrome and FF as I was using it.

It is just a personal preference of mine, as I use the menu bar more than any other bar. FF and IE also eliminate the menu bar by default but allow you to add it back if you choose. It would be nice if Chrome still gave users that option. I guess I will still stick with FF for now

I also lost intrest in FF. I am a Safari user right now but because of your comments I am giving Chrome a try. So far I like it, but it will take a little time to see if this is my new home browser.

I noticed the tool button on the right side. The amount of time it takes to navigate through an extra feature on the right and go back to the left is much greater than any gain in performance. Plus I did not notice any speed differences between Chrome and FF as I was using it.

It is just a personal preference of mine, as I use the menu bar more than any other bar. FF and IE also eliminate the menu bar by default but allow you to add it back if you choose. It would be nice if Chrome still gave users that option. I guess I will still stick with FF for now

What do you use the menu bar for? It seems to me that if you use the bookmark bar wisely, it will be very convenient. BUT yes, just a matter of preference. Notice in my screen shot, I eliminate all of the text for icons (except the two SatGuys ones) and have easy access to everything I use. And the Chrome Web Store is very nice too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)