Firefox 5.0 is Released

Here is a fix for google toolbar:

To fix this ,just open the install.rdf file with notepad and change maxVersion from 4.0.* to 6.* (see the image i've also uploaded)

Now, in order to find the correct install.rdf file do the following:
Go to folder : C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[sometext].default and search for the install.rdf file (im using windows 7)
Windows search will find many install.rdf files (one for each addon you have installed on firefox) so make sure that you find the install.rdf that has the line
Google Toolbar for Firefox

Black theme works for me in FF4. I had some issues for a while, but not anymore.

The home screen is the black theme but when I go to the forums it isn't plus there is nowhere to even change it.

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Forum.jpg
    Forum.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 76
First of all, we'd like to thank all of our loyal users of Google Toolbar for Firefox. We deeply appreciate all of the feedback over the years that helped to make the product so useful. As we all know, over the past few years, there has been a tremendous amount of innovation in the browser space. For Firefox users, many features that were once offered by Google Toolbar for Firefox are now already built right into the browser. Therefore, while Google Toolbar for Firefox works on versions up to and including Firefox 4 only, it will not be supported on Firefox 5 and future versions. Please see our Help Center for additional details

First of all, we'd like to thank all of our loyal users of Google Toolbar for Firefox. We deeply appreciate all of the feedback over the years that helped to make the product so useful. As we all know, over the past few years, there has been a tremendous amount of innovation in the browser space. For Firefox users, many features that were once offered by Google Toolbar for Firefox are now already built right into the browser. Therefore, while Google Toolbar for Firefox works on versions up to and including Firefox 4 only, it will not be supported on Firefox 5 and future versions. Please see our Help Center for additional details

:yikes :rolleyes:

I'm glad. I view these as nuisances, and I'm tired of cleaning off multiple toolbars from employee PCs.

Back in the day when I used Firefox, the Google Toolbar was the ONLY toolbar I used. It enabled me to keep bookmarks synced across browsers/machines. Was very convenient. When Chrome first came out I was irritated beyond belief that it did not incorpporate that feature. It wasn't until I got in the developer channel, a while later, when it became possible to sync chrome.

But I agree about a lot of these toolbars as being nuisances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts