Firefox cookie question

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ok, this is driving me nuts; my home computer has had a helluva time retaining the SatelliteGuys cookies. I tried wiping all private data, eliminated all cookies (a pain, by the way); and was still having it where it would not remember my login -- even though the password always seemed to be saved, not the user name.

It was even refusing to stay logged in for more then a few hours, with the browser open.

I went into the master list of passwords, and saw that I had a listing for a staff only access point to the site; so I deleted that. That seemed to get rid of the problem of the cookies expiring; BUT I still get the problem where when I first turn on the computer, I need to login to satelliteguys. I specifically wiped out ALL satelliteguy cookies; I made sure satelliteguys was allowed to use cookies; I set them to keep until "they expire."

THIS IS THE ONLY SITE it happens to.

I never had problems prior to changing my password for the site when I became an admin (a forced password change).

Firefox gurus have any advice? Its an irritant, and driving me nuts. I am using this computer a lot more then I used to, so I am tired of the issue.

I suspect that you somehow wound up with an exception to the rule for this site. My setting is to be asked every time but i have an exception for satelliteguys to accept it.
I suggest going through that exception list and see what if anything it says for http://www.satelliteguys.us/computer-electronic-gadget-zone/www.satelliteguys.us .

if this is the case even when you eliminate the cookies firefox will continue to treat cookies from this site in accordance with the exception.

Last edited:
I suspect that you somehow wound up with an exception to the rule for this site. My setting is to be asked every time but i have an exception for satelliteguys to accept it.
I suggest going through that exception list and see what if anything it says for 404 - Whoops Page Not Found .

if this is the case even when you eliminate the cookies firefox will continue to treat cookies from this site in accordance with the exception.

There are no exceptions in the list at all. None, nada. :(

I think it part of the "don't mess with the system on Friday the 13th" curse.

We got all our code integrated yesterday and through smoke test. Then today we went through 6 iterations trying to get the release package correct :(

The good news though. They turned on the lights on Boeing 787 Airframe#1 Wednesday. That's our code working on the real airplane.

Something similar happened to me a while ago with admin access rights to a forum.

Have you logged in from another computer and asked that computer to automatically log you in?
I think that was the reason for my case. Long story short, after changing the password the issue went away.

Diogen.

Something similar happened to me a while ago with admin access rights to a forum.

Have you logged in from another computer and asked that computer to automatically log you in?
I think that was the reason for my case. Long story short, after changing the password the issue went away.

Diogen.

The problem has been ongoing for awhile; but only on this machine. Work machines, laptops work fine. Just this PC.

I am automatically logged in on all of the other machines.

The problem has been ongoing for awhile; but only on this machine. Work machines, laptops work fine. Just this PC.

I am automatically logged in on all of the other machines.

it houldn't matter but what version of FF are you using?

I have been using 3.0 RC1 for awhile now but I used 2.0 for quite some time. I have never seen this. I even tried to simulate it in various ways but could not. I would try the mozilla forums. But you have me stumped.

I have been using 3.0 RC1 for awhile now but I used 2.0 for quite some time. I have never seen this. I even tried to simulate it in various ways but could not. I would try the mozilla forums. But you have me stumped.

Me too. Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. I should just try FF3.0; just been happy with 2.0 except for this problem.