Firmware Upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingofku

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Riverside County, California
Why doesn't Directv offer an explanation of what updated firmware downloads offer to the end user? I just received a new download a few days ago and don't know if I have any new features, if they've corrected past problems or created new ones. Is there a site somewhere that provides this info?

In a few instances, there is a text box that appears on the bottom right screen giving a brief update of what's been changed, but it's not consistent.

Why doesn't Directv offer an explanation of what updated firmware downloads offer to the end user? I just received a new download a few days ago and don't know if I have any new features, if they've corrected past problems or created new ones. Is there a site somewhere that provides this info?

In a few instances, there is a text box that appears on the bottom right screen giving a brief update of what's been changed, but it's not consistent.
Check our CE threads, you can usually see whats been done.
Many times, t5hey don't list things because they are minor Under the Hood adjustments, nothing earth shattering, nothing you would see if your looking thru the unit.

Btw, wouldn't that be a Software upgrade, not a Firmware upgrade ?
I've always looked at Firmware as being equipment .... maybe wrong though.

Check our CE threads, you can usually see whats been done.
Many times, t5hey don't list things because they are minor Under the Hood adjustments, nothing earth shattering, nothing you would see if your looking thru the unit.

Btw, wouldn't that be a Software upgrade, not a Firmware upgrade ?
I've always looked at Firmware as being equipment .... maybe wrong though.
Thanks. I'll check. As for firmware v software - kind of a split decision on that one. Since there are downloading the "software" into the microprocessor on the motherboard, I guess you could go both ways. Wikpedia has a good definition of firmware: Firmware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts