First HR44 on eBay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HR44 hit ebay today, two available at $299, leased of course.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DirecTV-HR4...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3382754c0c

If someone waiting on solid signal this may be a chance to save some money and get it quicker.

Myself, until DirecTV eliminates the one-genie rule I'll watch from the sidelines.

This One Genie rule, is that thru D*, or anyway, ala Solid Signal.

I wonder what they would do if you had one installed and then got one from SS and hooked it up and called to activate it ?

This has happened. I read early on when the Genie was introduced someone had two. The second one was authorized, then killed by Directv.

I just don't get why you can't have 2? You can have 2 hoppers. You couldn't at first but having the ability to record 10 shows would be really cool especially if you had a family of 5 or you watched a lot of tv.

I just don't get why you can't have 2? You can have 2 hoppers. You couldn't at first but having the ability to record 10 shows would be really cool especially if you had a family of 5 or you watched a lot of tv.

You CAN have more than one, just not yet....
Thats the way it is for most D* recvrs when they are new, I couldn't get 2 HR24's at first.

It's likely due to the limited availability of the HR44 and the extra cost to Directv for the swm16. They aren't cheap.

The cost of a SWM 16 alone is enough to not allow it at this point plus the fact the SWM 16 isn't a normal install either.

Swm 16??? Do I need one of these before I buy a hr44 from solid signal? I currently have a swm3 lnb dish and one hr24.

I wanted to buy a hr44 and move the hr24 to my bedroom. I have a 4 way green switch with the hr24 and deca connected. I was going to hook the hr44 up to one if the free ports on the switch and activate the hr44 online.

Will my above plan not work???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swm 16??? Do I need one of these before I buy a hr44 from solid signal? I currently have a swm3 lnb dish and one hr24.

I wanted to buy a hr44 and move the hr24 to my bedroom. I have a 4 way green switch with the hr24 and deca connected. I was going to hook the hr44 up to one if the free ports on the switch and activate the hr44 online.

Will my above plan not work???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need one, standard SWM LNB's work 8 tuners. You'll only be using 7

I just got one of these (HR44) installed today at my house. This is my first install with Directv after being a long time Dish customers. They were raising me again and I was paying them a lot. Goodbye to Dish. It is a very small unit. I put an external hd to go to 2 tb on recording. Too bad the unit cant record internal and external as well. cant see why that is not enabled. I like the Directv Ipad all also.

Rob

Other than the size of this unit is theis exactly the same as the HR34 Genie? I guess I got lucky. Those Dish 722 units were huge.

Other than the size of this unit is theis exactly the same as the HR34 Genie? I guess I got lucky. Those Dish 722 units were huge.

Other than size primary difference is speed, HR44 operates faster.
Also external power supply vs internal, added back the optical audio port, built in wireless DECA networking vs HR34.

I just got one of these (HR44) installed today at my house. This is my first install with Directv after being a long time Dish customers. They were raising me again and I was paying them a lot. Goodbye to Dish. It is a very small unit. I put an external hd to go to 2 tb on recording. Too bad the unit cant record internal and external as well. cant see why that is not enabled. I like the Directv Ipad all also.
Rob
If you don't mind, what is your zip code? I'm wondering if you are in one of the test markets for the HR44.

That's right by my Mom in Oakland Park. This is more evidence that the HR44 is in national release since you aren't in a test area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)