First Look: Dish Name Based Timers

Even though this thread hasn't been active since 6-12-04, and NBR evidentally still has not come to fruition, I have a comment:

Do you suppose that the recent guide navigation problems have anything to do with an attempt to integrate NBR (maybe gradually)?

It looks to me like there may be two guide listings now - one accessed by the search engine, and one accessed by the EPG. Follow me here:

I was recently experiencing the guide problems like some (most) other people. I could not see anything in the guide past 1 or 2 days out - everything else was showing "no data avail."

HOWEVER - when I did a search, programs 8-9-10 days out were showing up! When I attempted to set a timer for one of these programs from the search, it would default to the last program for that channel that appeared in the GUIDE.

I'm just wondering if the recent troubles are related somehow to an NBR coding attempt....

ALSO - earlier in this thread Scott mention that TiVo was suing E* - what's the scoop there? Is that part of the reason why NBR wasn't released in September as promised?

So many questions - so little time. I don't believe in conspiracy theories - honest. Just curious is all.

What model receiver did you have EPG problems with? I seen some issues with the 522 three days ago when it would say No Info everywhere when I would try to go about a week in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)