FIRST LOOK - Logitech Revue GoogleTV Device

It's more likely that it's because the underpinnings of the 922's OS are completely different from whatever the 722k, 622, and 622k run. The hooks still need to be put in for the Revue to tie into. And since they were already busy getting the 922 to be more reliable, stable, and feature complete with S109, they decided to get that out first instead of making us wait longer by adding GoogleTV integration into that update in time for the Revue release.

There shouldn't be any hardware reason why the 922 wouldn't work with GoogleTV and the calls to the 922 asking for DVR data should have a minimal impact on it's performance. It works with Remote Access and GoogleTV is asking for the exact same information as the website is.

I agree. I also think Dish is doing the right thing, by trying to squash some 922 bugs before they put something else into the mix. The 922 is slowly becoming a reliable box. I only have one friend who has one, but he has not missed a recording since the last update and that was a big complaint of his.

Hi,

I just talked with Dish to inquire about availability from them for the Revue Box and the CSR gave me an automated reply saying it is going to be available tomorrow October 28,2010. So anyone waiting for Dish's offer tomorrow apparently it's the day.

Hi,

I just talked with Dish to inquire about availability from them for the Revue Box and the CSR gave me an automated reply saying it is going to be available tomorrow October 28,2010. So anyone waiting for Dish's offer tomorrow apparently it's the day.

It is only available for the 722,722k and 622 the 922 is out of luck.

Well maybe in 6 months the 922 will get google support. After all it took 6 months to be able to get it stable and be able to record 4 shows at a time and to FINALLY get archiving to external hard drive support. Unacceptable for a "flagship" receiver that cost up to $500.00 to buy and $200.00 to lease it.

Well maybe in 6 months the 922 will get google support. After all it took 6 months to be able to get it stable and be able to record 4 shows at a time and to FINALLY get archiving to external hard drive support. Unacceptable for a "flagship" receiver that cost up to $500.00 to buy and $200.00 to lease it.

Hey MikeD... You know we usually agree on the 922 stuff, but I do really think that they did the right thing with S109, by fixing bugs. It's easy to add GTV to a 722K... It was already, for the most part, bug free. Now, the 922 is stable, S110 will probably fix the last receiver isssues, sling issues, and add GTV. I am guessing, but it would make sense. I'm sure you'd rather be recording 4 programs at a time, than have a GTV right now anyway. I played with one and was very unimpressed in its current stage. I bet it gets a big update before Christmas (and some content deal agreements, for an additional fee, of course).

Hi,

Just went online and the order form shows "out of stock" with no other info...

Hi Everyone

I just made an order through the Phone with a regular CSR for a Revue Google TV box. It has been charged to my credit card and I received an an email from Dish confirming the order number and shipping method. It's being shipped UPS and the shipping charges were waved, so the whole deal went for $179.00. No taxes and no shipping charges. This is great !!!! And Yes they added de $4 integration charge for 1 year. So 4 x 12 = $48 I am still saving $81 dollars.

Last edited:
Do not try ordering through Dish webpage store as it still displays "Out of Stock". The CSR told me they are having technical issues with their webpage ordering system.

Hi Everyone

I just made an order through the Phone with a regular CSR for a Revue Google TV box. It has been charged to my credit card and I received an an email from Dish confirming the order number and shipping method. It's being shipped UPS and the shipping charges were waved, so the whole deal went for $179.00. No taxes and no shipping charges. This is great !!!! And Yes they added de $4 integration charge for 1 year. So 4 x 12 = $48 I am still saving $81 dollars.

Just called as well, no shipping but did pay state tax (GA). Expect to receive it in 4 days. Had to agree to the $4 integration fee...

Hi Everyone

Does anyone who have a 922 try to order the revue box?

When you get your Revue's make sure to leave your review of the Revue in the Revue Review Thread. :D

Dang thats a lot of reviews. :D

Just called as well, no shipping but did pay state tax (GA). Expect to receive it in 4 days. Had to agree to the $4 integration fee...

Did you get a tracking number in your email? I ordered it online & the CSR told me, it will ship in 4 business days. I just got an email with confirmation of payment.

Just ordered for $179 plus KY tax - no shipping. Was told it would ship UPS 2nd Day and be here within 4 days. No mention of $4 fee but I won't be surprised to see it added to monthly bill.

I just got off the phone with the Dish CSR who seemed like he knew what he was talking about. You cannot get the revue with the 922 at the current time. If you have the 922 you can get the 722k and they will order the revue for you.

The 922 was supposed to be upgraded with the rest of the units but dish ran into technical difficulties with the integration.

The engineers at this time do not know if they can get the integration to work. If they can it will be upgraded if for some reason it cannot happen the 922 will not get it, thus dish cannot guarantee an upgrade for the 922.

Just ordered for $179 plus KY tax - no shipping. Was told it would ship UPS 2nd Day and be here within 4 days. No mention of $4 fee but I won't be surprised to see it added to monthly bill.

Also got it ordered via a CSR with no shipping and no mention of the $4 fee, but they added NJ Sales tax. UPS 2nd Day, told to expect it in 4 BUSINESS days, so I should get it Tuesday next week (hopefully Monday as I fully expect FOX to go dark Monday. Fox.com for my shows, or Amazon VOD (finally get to use all those $5 coupons they keep giving me when I order MP3 music downloads on line from them).

The 922 was supposed to be upgraded with the rest of the units but dish ran into technical difficulties with the integration.

The engineers at this time do not know if they can get the integration to work. If they can it will be upgraded if for some reason it cannot happen the 922 will not get it, thus dish cannot guarantee an upgrade for the 922.

What I have heard (and of course this could be wrong) is that L106 came out which added some new features in it, but it broken a lot of stuff. A few days later L107 came out to try fixing a number of the issues L106 broke and it made matters worse. Instead of sending out little fixes here and there they went to work to try fixing all the bugs before adding new stuff to the 922 such as GoogleTV support. Then L108 came out and it seems to have fixed a majority of the issues on the 922 and it didn't add any new features except copying to an EHD which was a major deal for them to get out. They wanted it out before the receiver was released but there were some issues keeping it from going out the door until those issues were resolved.

For intergration with GoogleTV like the other ViP boxes do might be hard for them, on the other ViP boxes in reality they were writing for one platform. But the 922 is a totaly different beast in regards to controls, menus and hardware. It might take them awhile to get it out. I have heard nothing from DISH on it other then GoogleTV interaction on the 922 is not available as this time. (That gives me hope we will see it in the future!)

What I have heard (and of course this could be wrong) is that L106 came out which added some new features in it, but it broken a lot of stuff. A few days later L107 came out to try fixing a number of the issues L106 broke and it made matters worse. Instead of sending out little fixes here and there they went to work to try fixing all the bugs before adding new stuff to the 922 such as GoogleTV support. Then L108 came out and it seems to have fixed a majority of the issues on the 922 and it didn't add any new features except copying to an EHD which was a major deal for them to get out. They wanted it out before the receiver was released but there were some issues keeping it from going out the door until those issues were resolved.

For integration with GoogleTV like the other ViP boxes do might be hard for them, on the other ViP boxes in reality they were writing for one platform. But the 922 is a totaly different beast in regards to controls, menus and hardware. It might take them awhile to get it out. I have heard nothing from DISH on it other then GoogleTV interaction on the 922 is not available as this time. (That gives me hope we will see it in the future!)

Scott the CSR stated that in his training class he was told that dish try to get the google integration for the 922 out in time for the revue launch but ran into problems with the program. He was told to let customers know that if it is possible to get the 922 to intergrate with the revue it will, but that dish cannot gurantee this.

For intergration with GoogleTV like the other ViP boxes do might be hard for them, on the other ViP boxes in reality they were writing for one platform.
I really expect integration on the 922. But what about the neglected 612? That must be different from the others as well.

And what about the non DVR VIP receivers? I fail to see why these wouldn't work as well or better than the DVRs, given the subset of what they do.

I really expect integration on the 922. But what about the neglected 612? That must be different from the others as well.

And what about the non DVR VIP receivers? I fail to see why these wouldn't work as well or better than the DVRs, given the subset of what they do.

The integration is for the bulid in DVR at the moment will they get it to work on the EHD, the answer is yes according to Dish CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)