First Time Tuning For HD Advice Wanted

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad I can help, especially making the wife happy! Hmmm, that didn't come out right! Oh, you know what I mean.

I have posted a fail safe way of tuning the slimline dish several times.
The way pretty much all techs use.

You can do a search for it or if the forum mods will sticky it, I will type it up again.

I have posted a fail safe way of tuning the slimline dish several times.
The way pretty much all techs use.

You can do a search for it or if the forum mods will sticky it, I will type it up again.
Thanks!! I did a short search for your old posts but did not see it.............any chance you could send me the link to it??

Glad I can help, especially making the wife happy! Hmmm, that didn't come out right! Oh, you know what I mean.
LOL!!! Hey, whatever it takes to make a happy house, right :) I really appreciate the help you guys have given me so far. Just curious, what satellite am I aimed at right now for Detroit SD---still the 101??

Thanks!!

Yes, the Detroit sd channels are on 101. That's why all of the sd installs there use the single lnb dish setup.

Yes, the Detroit sd channels are on 101. That's why all of the sd installs there use the single lnb dish setup.
O.K. just curious, could I put up the new Slimline dish with the SWiM 3lnb and have it work with my current SD receiver (aimed at the 101)? Since I'll have the dish a month or so before the HR24receiver, wondering if I can do it in stages--I'll likely wait and do it all at oncebut, was just was wondering if it would be possible.

Thanks!!

It will work fine, but not get any hd of course.

Hey, keep asking. That's how you learn!
O.K. 2 more quick ones...........Looks like I may have the HR24 before the SWM dish so, if I hook up the new receiver and activate it will I get the same SD programming I have with my current SD receiver/18" dish pointed to the 101?? Secondly, as long as both receivers are active, can I take my SD unit to our place in FL and get service for a week or so while on vacation--will D* frown on this or will it even work (already have a dish mounted and aimed there)??

Thanks!!

O.K. 2 more quick ones...........Looks like I may have the HR24 before the SWM dish so, if I hook up the new receiver and activate it will I get the same SD programming I have with my current SD receiver/18" dish pointed to the 101?? Secondly, as long as both receivers are active, can I take my SD unit to our place in FL and get service for a week or so while on vacation--will D* frown on this or will it even work (already have a dish mounted and aimed there)??

Thanks!!

Yes, you will get the sd programming, and yes you can take your receiver to FL. Directv allows you to move your receiver to vacation homes, although I think you are supposed to tell them. They can't tell where it is, however, unless you tell them or plug in a phone line or internet connection. You won't get your local channels in FL, though.

Thanks Chip!! Thought the new receiver would work on SD with the old dish but wasn't totally sure so that's good to know. Not overly concerned with locals while away for a week so that's fine. Pretty much decided on the HR24, any advantage to choose something else a bit older??

Thanks!!

No, the HR24 is the best model out there. If you must have ota capabilities, then get an AM21 to go with it.

I've read thru all this post, but am still not clear, will the HR24 work off the 4 lines down 5 lnb KaKu with no bbc's same as the HR23 does ?

Hey, keep asking. That's how you learn!
Update.............Hooked up and activated our new HR24 using our current 18" round dish. Very happy with the new receiver and love the DVR functions. Still waiting to inatall the Slimline dish next week but everything works great (of course no HD).Just curious, using the HDMI cable included with the receiver for the tv hook up. Is there any point in paying $$ for a better quality cable?? The set is a new 46" Samsung. BTW, it is less than 3' from the receiver to the tv.

Thanks!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)