For those who haven't seen this problem...

eschu97611 said:
No argument here Jay-for some reason though, HBoHD and Max HD, both east and west look better than StarzHDS and ShowHDS-at least to me that is-"Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm."

I have found that there is pq loss on HBOhd *west*. nothing like showtime west, but there is a loss there, and slight pixelation during fast motions with HBO east that isn't there with the east coast feed. I think there is something going on with all the west coast feeds of these movie channels.

Got one big breakup on the Comcast feed, and some macro-blocking on fast motion (more noticeable up close), and the audio drops mentioned before but otherwise seems okay.

Probably won't be watching much more (did she just mack Madonna's act :D )

deeann said:
Got one big breakup on the Comcast feed, and some macro-blocking on fast motion (more noticeable up close), and the audio drops mentioned before but otherwise seems okay.

Problem is Vooms and they need to fix it before the "masses" catch on.

deeann said:

believe me deeann, you would notice alot more than *some* macro blocking if you were watching this feed on VOOM! It is just plain ugly! Totally unwatchable even if you were a huge britney fan.

eschu97611 said:
Problem is Vooms and they need to fix it before the "masses" catch on.

don't laugh, but Thank God for this Britney concert! For awhile here I was begining to feel like the local nut complaining about these issues with VOOM, but now people can finally see what I have been talking about all along. I hope Wilt tuned in like he said he would???

GeneWildershair said:
don't laugh, but Thank God for this Britney concert! For awhile here I was begining to feel like the local nut complaining about these issues with VOOM, but now people can finally see what I have been talking about all along. I hope Wilt tuned in like he said he would???
If Voom admits it is a problem-then they must fix it-the question is, do they really want to fix it or is this massive compression a necessary evil.

GeneWildershair said:
believe me deeann, you would notice alot more than *some* macro blocking if you were watching this feed on VOOM! It is just plain ugly! Totally unwatchable even if you were a huge britney fan.

I believe ya! Since I've got a good feed right now I was just being the control lab-rat.

I even watched *Britney*, sheesh, the things I do to help you guys out. ;)

remember they are replacing the encoders-decoders.slowly.i may be wrong but isn't it a one at a time item?/for each channel?? so maybe the west feeds havnt been done yet..just a guess and maybe a hopeful answer

rang1995 said:
remember they are replacing the encoders-decoders.slowly.i may be wrong but isn't it a one at a time item?/for each channel?? so maybe the west feeds havnt been done yet..just a guess and maybe a hopeful answer
Oh and also, "the checks in the mail and I promise I won't c
"-oh never mind-don't want to be "deleted."

ok guys we are all Voomers and here to help OURSELVES by posting the good and bad..i think we all want this to work out in the end

i won't delete anyone..unless rule breaking..the complaints are good..it will help Voom in the end..complain but constructivly to get the best service you can want

eschu97611 said:
Oh and also, "the checks in the mail and I promise I won't c
"-oh never mind-don't want to be "deleted."
I think you would have if I would have finished the last part of my 2nd ageless excuse.-maybe I should post it on the Playboy thread-(smile)

rang1995 said:
ok guys we are all Voomers and here to help OURSELVES by posting the good and bad..i think we all want this to work out in the end

Exactly! This is the largest VOOM forum on the internet, we are all here because we want to see VOOM succeed. There really is no need to start attacking someone for reporting problems. To quote the great :rolleyes: Rodney King, "can't we all just get along". :D

GeneWildershair said:
Exactly! This is the largest VOOM forum on the internet, we are all here because we want to see VOOM succeed. There really is no need to start attacking someone for reporting problems. To quote the great :rolleyes: Rodney King, "can't we all just get along". :D
yeah he just got 180 days for a DWI,i heard on the radio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)